The Buiding of the Andian!!!

Yeah, I havent been that good - unexplained blackouts and cancer scares on top of everything else... if there is a big beard in the sky he's a sadist.

I did have another thought on the bike - you could try reversing the stem like I did which would give you a more upright and also more authentic riding position... it helps the back too :)

Jemma xx

Thanks folks! Had it out for the longest ride yet and the engine is still breaking in. I can feel the difference.

I did have the handlebar post reversed and it was okay but, it is much easier to ride now when pedaling so I'll likely keep it like that. I got the headlight and taillight both working now so, once the correct valve gets here, it'll be time to put it all together. I just ordered 3 more Grubee engines so there should be more motored bikes running around town soon. :D

WAHOOOOOOO! Gas valve is here!!!!!

Got it installed today and she looks great. Problem is, it got dark before I could finish and get some pictures. I will have some tomorrow!!!! Now I'm torn as to whether I want to sand off the flames and re-paint it or leave it. They're kind of growing on me.

I'm still tweaking some stuff. I think I'm going to take the back wheel off again and flip the rear sprocket around. It has the dish facing toward the spokes but this puts the chain too close to my frame and it hits. I think I'll try flipping it to get the chain away from the frame. I have clearance between the tire and the chain, I think...

I think having that big tank between me and the engine has quieted down the ride a little bit also. I mounted the tank mount solid to the frame and I can hear a slight buzz from the tank. I think I'm going to put some rubber between the mount and the frame and see if that helps.

I'll have some pix tomorrow for you all.

Finally! Pictures with the TANK!

Got the tank on and got some photos. I'm still torn as to whether I should sand the flames off or leave them for now. Either way, I think the bike looks pretty neat. But I'm biased. :D

I'll be swapping the rear sprocket around to get a little more clearance for the frame. It should clear the tire without any problems. I got the lights all hooked up and I ran a small fuse, just in case something might happen and short the system out. I stashed the battery in one of the saddlebags. It's a seven amp-hour battery and I can run for several hours and still have lights. I took the bike out last night and checked out all the Christmas lights in our neighborhood. It was great.

Anyways, here's the latest photos. I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve but for now, I've got some riding to do! Since getting this bike, there have been six other HT engines ordered for various friends. At least I won't be riding alone.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Finished2.jpg
    Finished2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Finished3.jpg
    Finished3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Finished4.jpg
    Finished4.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 166
Here's some more shots. Will be working on a video soon.

Attachments

• Finished5.jpg
    Finished5.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 175
  • Finished6.jpg
    Finished6.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 174
Last batch for those who haven't seen enough of the Andian yet.

Attachments

• Finished7.jpg
    Finished7.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Finished8.jpg
    Finished8.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Finished9.jpg
    Finished9.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 165
Andy, If I Had The Money To Spare, Would Have A Few Of The Tanks. I Have The Black One. Man, It Looks Fine!! Great Build. Ron

Attachments

• 100_1264.JPG
    100_1264.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_1265.JPG
    100_1265.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_1266.JPG
    100_1266.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I'll tell ya, for the money, you can't beat this tank! I'll eventually sand it down and repaint it but, for now, I'm riding this thing! I'm having fun working out all the bugs that I find. Been cutting down on the noise and it's quickly becoming a really fun ride!

Will have video and some more pictures at some point!

Back