The dangers of plastic cups and parking spots.

Frankenstein

Deceased - Frankenstein 1991 - 2018
Local time
5:37 PM
Where the TV show forensic files is produced.
Oh wow so comming home today I go to pull into a parking space along the road in front of my house like I usually do before dismounting. Well well well there's a nice little empty crushed plastic dunkin donuts cup in the spot. No problem right? Uh yeah no.

So comming to a quick firm stop in the spot like normal ends kinda stupid, that cup gets caught under my front wheel and swwwaaaappppptttch
I hit the ground like a lead brick.

The wheel caught it and locked up due to the lack of friction and the bike went down, the curb cut and ripped my led strip off my helmet with a nice heavy scratch to the plastic shell. Luckily I missed the parked car and the parking meter and had a nice garbage can to help break the fall. Innocent bystanders gawked and asked if I was OK, I was, even laughing because of all the things that would try to kill me it would be a plastic cup in a parking spot.

Guess the moral of the story is:
Have fun and wear a damn helmet! You really don't know when you'll need it!

Oh wow so comming home today I go to pull into a parking space along the road in front of my house like I usually do before dismounting. Well well well there's a nice little empty crushed plastic dunkin donuts cup in the spot. No problem right? Uh yeah no.

So comming to a quick firm stop in the spot like normal ends kinda stupid, that cup gets caught under my front wheel and swwwaaaappppptttch
I hit the ground like a lead brick.

The wheel caught it and locked up due to the lack of friction and the bike went down, the curb cut and ripped my led strip off my helmet with a nice heavy scratch to the plastic shell. Luckily I missed the parked car and the parking meter and had a nice garbage can to help break the fall. Innocent bystanders gawked and asked if I was OK, I was, even laughing because of all the things that would try to kill me it would be a plastic cup in a parking spot.

Guess the moral of the story is:
Have fun and wear a damn helmet! You really don't know when you'll need it!
Sounds like we learned a lesson

Ouch! Reminds me of when I was younger I used to go to an empty car park drive the rear wheels of my car onto plastic hubcaps pull up the handbrake and slide around for a while haha .

Back