The differences between GRUBEE GT5 & PK80 & ZEDA 80 & engine costs and life spans

Status
Not open for further replies.
P
On this bike my experience was no noticeable difference when I changed form a standard modified cyl. with stock intake and a dellorto sha 16 16 to a boost port gt80 cyl. and a rse reed. Their was some improvement with the larger reed intakes, but tuning in the carb. was a adventure. A skill I need to work on with carbs. I'm not familiar with.View media item 60095
Please explain your build

The differences between GRUBEE GT5 & PK80 & ZEDA 80 & engine costs and life spans​

My Zeda 80 which i built last May 2020 now has over 900 miles on it, purrs like a kitten, and hasn't cost me a dime in broken or failed parts in that time, but its built better...My Seeutec motor, (PK80 type motor), which is sitting on a shelf, had 6000 miles put on it over 5 years time before the bike frame broke, but it still runs.

The differences between all three types are in the tech manual provided below...The Zeda's seem to be built more beefy than the others, thats why i went with it.

When you click on the PDF below, it will automatically download to wherever you have your downloads go to on your computer so you can read and review all three types offline...DAMIEN

Attachments

• Zeda-Technology-Co-Zeda80-Brief.pdf
    723.8 KB · Views: 132
My Zeda 80 which i built last May 2020 now has over 900 miles on it, purrs like a kitten, and hasn't cost me a dime in broken or failed parts in that time, but its built better...My Seeutec motor, (PK80 type motor), which is sitting on a shelf, had 6000 miles put on it over 5 years time before the bike frame broke, but it still runs.

The differences between all three types are in the tech manual provided below...The Zeda's seem to be built more beefy than the others, thats why i went with it.

When you click on the PDF below, it will automatically download to wherever you have your downloads go to on your computer so you can read and review all three types offline...DAMIEN
Sean Davis wrote this back in 2016 when the Zeda 80 came about and the funny thing is Don Grubee designed and built what is now called the Zeda back in 2015 then refused a production run which allowed Zehe Chen to acquire them and call it the Zeda 80, around that time when Don and I were talking about another matter he sent me the technical drawings as proof of his ownership of the design and showed me the paper work of the law suit he was filling against Zehe/Zeda which is still ongoing to this day.
The current Grubee engines are the same specs as the Zeda with the only exception being the 40mm stroke as the gt5 series are all 38mm stroke, the super rat and mouse are 40mm stroke and he had a Starfire line that also have 40mm stroke and tbh these were still to this day the best engines I've ever seen with 17mm cranks and thick bosses, tight case, way better castings all around and cylinder bores that were true.
Now to speak on the life span, that's really dependent on the user's abilities as we've seen countless times over the years, I have customers whom have had stock Grubee engines for over a decade now and thousands of miles and I've had customers with late model Zeda's that only last them a few months but this is due to misuse or just not giving a s**t! The take away here is really the quality is the same ish some slightly better than others and that's mostly because when Don refuses a production run it gets sold off to the unbranded/no name sellers for ebay and whatever sales, they source all the parts needed from the same manufactures both Grubee and Zeda use and there are always going to be knock off's that's just the Chinese way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back