The Dream Engine! Aixro XR50

KiDD

Local time
10:05 PM
This engine is a Wankel Rotary engine!!!!!! That is made for racing go karts! Even tho it is water cooled I think it could fit on a bike for sure.
48HP and 34 ft-lbs torque and it only weighs 32lbs

http://www.woelfle-engineering.com/

If only it didn't cost 5,500 dollars!!!!!!!!!!

Not for me lol - there is a 14 cylinder radial engine with my name on it - or the v-12 from the same maker...

www.wawu.eu

That radial motor would make a perfect frame mount and run the output through the bikes gears.... :D

Im not insane... honest

Jemma xx

I'm with you Jemma! Radials are sexy! Didn't the first motored bike have a radial engine built into the wheel hub? There are a lot of videos on YouTube of mini IC engines. I really like watching the mini tractor pulls.

I don't think a bicycle would handle 48hp. You'd probably be better off fitting that thing to a good moped... But for that price why not just get a NEW motorcycle?
Very cool though, I love wenkel engines. More gas powered machines should use them as they're far superior to pistons.

........Very cool though, I love wenkel engines. More gas powered machines should use them as they're far superior to pistons.

Wankels are very cool machines, but fuel efficiency and longevity aren't their strengths. (however, volumetric efficiency ie. HP/Litre is amazing!)

This little guy produces 1.27HP with only 5cc!

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg1401.html

I was actually looking at that exact OS engine before I found this go kart engine. But I don't think that engine has any torque what so ever. Maybe if you could fashion a couple of them up... they still are not cheap engines.

I originally thought the price for the XR50 was some mistake.... but 5.5k is the cheapest around....

I have a kawi 650 and it only puts out about 38 hp and itll do about 110 mph I think. On a bicycle noooooooooo thank you.

Back