The End of MBs in the US

me neither Thanks for stating the obvious PH

Red

Well, I hope you are right but I doubt it. Maybe living in the people's republic of CA has jaded my opinion but I have seen these restrictions and mandates happen here with my own eyes. It is acutally against the law to sell unblended gas anywhere in CA right now. I hope I am wrong about these new federal mandates but I have a feeling you might be in for a surprise in the next year. Anyway, I mean no offense, I don't mean this as anything personal but I'm worried. :) Ride on!

Tyler

I hope you are wrong also. And no offense is taken. But, here in the midwest things change a little slower, just an observation mind you. But coming back from my local supplier they haven't heard anything about this ..... yet, and I hope they don't either. As far as they know 91 octane and higher isn't blended with ethanol, and as stated on the pump face 93 is " pure" gasoline.

Tyler

I hope you are wrong also. And no offense is taken. But, here in the midwest things change a little slower, just an observation mind you. But coming back from my local supplier they haven't heard anything about this ..... yet, and I hope they don't either. As far as they know 91 octane and higher isn't blended with ethanol, and as stated on the pump face 93 is " pure" gasoline.

That is interesting. I don't believe that here in CA you can get anything higher than 91 octane gas and I'm almost certain that it is blended E10 gas (99% sure) but I will check into it further. I have been using the cheap stuff because I believe the higher octane stuff is blended E10 and a friend told me that the higher octane makes no difference for my 2 stroke engine. If I find out differently I will gladly tell everyone here that I was wrong about this and I will switch to the good stuff for my MB or maybe I will move to Wisconsin, haha. I wish things changed slower here.

:devilish: Come on out and ride in the snow with the rest of us LMAO. Just kiddin My Friend.

I do however appreciate the info that you have provided. Information is power and power is information. I won't and do not want to get into a political debate about this but I do however agree that a minimum purchase is a bunch of BS. Hope you can weather the storm out west with favorable results.

I remember the exact same sort of hysteria when unleaded gas was mandated. OMG!!! This is the end of; motorcycling, private cars, ATVs, motorboating, autoracing, etc, pick your motorsport. Humans are flexible and inovative. Where there is a will, a way will be found. Put away your blind fear and hysteria, relax, we put men on the moon and this is child's play in comparison. We managed to survive unleaded and we will survive this as well. *sigh* When in trouble, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout! This makes me laugh. Save the politics for a forum where it belongs and let's stick to motoredbikes on this forum.

Last edited:
Red
Hey, right on, I didn't mean to turn this into a political debate either. I know it's an election year but I posted this thread anyway because it is an important issue for us MBers. I actually prefer a divided government so that one party or the other doesn't control everything because then there are no checks and balances. I believe that the Constitution is never safe when congress is in session, haha, but I guess my fellow Californians don't agree with me. However, I am a global warming skeptic and I don't believe my MB is destroying the environment or making the seas rise.

The funny thing about the laws regarding 2 stroke engines in CA is that it is not against the law to have a 2 stroke engine, just against the law to send them into the state. I won't get stopped by the cops for having it and there are some places that are located in CA who will ship a 2 stroke engine to a customer within the state of CA but it is against the law to send 2 stroke engines to CA from outside the state. Go figure. The problem is that those few places in CA who will send one to me have jacked up the prices because they know they are some of the few places where CA residents can get a 2 stroke engine. I don't know how they get them into the state to sell to me and I'm certain that they are not made here. I guess CA can't prosecute Chinese companies or something, hmmmmm. Anyway, I think the whole thing is silly. After all, they get 100+ MPG, that should be "green" enough. I think the politicians here have to much time on their hands.

Pretty silly, they've shown over and over again it's not worth the cost of wasting food on squeezings.I also fill up the big cans when doing big hauls to town, then fill at the house, but not being able to buy the amount of gas you want, or spending what you want. is crazy control.Glad I'm on the downhill side of life, I don't follow stupid laws.

life as a canuck,where every household has at least one 2 stroke motor.i think i have seven.
the four stroke Stihl power equipment at work is all running mixed gas.it has no oil in crankcase.but it is in fact a four stroke.

what about all the damage the higher ethanol levels will do?
it will trash most fuel systems.
i dont think this will go far,keep on doin what you do ,if it does happen,dont worry,someone will think of a cure for two stroke alcoholism.

The sky is falling. While its true about California,I truly believe the rest of the country will be allowed to use two cycle engines.I wont believe it to I see it,meaning being forced to buy a four gallon minimum. It will have to go through the House & the Senate. Demonizing the Obama administration is just that. The president makes rational decisions the majority of the time. Except for maybe who should be allowed to marry. Anyway don't go disassembling your bikes fellas the sky ain't falling. P.s. even if we are required to buy four gallons ot wont stop us,nothing will.

That is interesting. I don't believe that here in CA you can get anything higher than 91 octane gas and I'm almost certain that it is blended E10 gas (99% sure) but I will check into it further. I have been using the cheap stuff because I believe the higher octane stuff is blended E10 and a friend told me that the higher octane makes no difference for my 2 stroke engine. If I find out differently I will gladly tell everyone here that I was wrong about this and I will switch to the good stuff for my MB or maybe I will move to Wisconsin, haha. I wish things changed slower here.

Man I'm lucky. I have a gas station right around the block that sells pure 100 race gas at the pump, but this is las vegas and we do things a little different. I buy it just for the smell!

Back