The Great Whizzer Photo Thread

hope this works, first didn't. My recently acquired Whizzer has a H engine, 47? frame, newer twist grip controls, and a cool 1952 dual exhaust. I didn't quite know what I had but thanks to the good guys on this forum I now know.

what a beautiful bike you got there man! looks just like my schiwnn tho?

Hi,

Just a few of my collection.

Before and after pictures of my 1950 Panther. "J" motor, embossed gas tank, Whizzer twist controls, Carter carburetor, chrome motor mounts, chrome belt guard, Schwinn Panther painted with original colors & pin stripping, S2 double knirled rims, Schwinn fore [front]brake, NOS Schwinn tires, original rear rack, recovered original seat, NOS Schwinn chrome fenders, NOS kickstand,
Winner "Best restored Whizzer", Portland, IN 2005. This is also a "rider".

Have fun,

Attachments

• Mvc-696f.jpg
    Mvc-696f.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 2,817
  • Mvc-551f.jpg
    Mvc-551f.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 3,492
  • greenie50.jpg
    greenie50.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,939
Last edited:
Wowie Q, she's a beauty but not as enviable as your burgundy beast - the maroon magnifica - the claret chariot!
What do you mean by embossed tank?

I J, since Quenton isn't on right now I'll take the liberty of answering that question. The embossed tank has the Whizzer name and logo pressed into the metal on the sides of the tank, much like the modern ones. Previously, the tanks had flat sides.

I J, since Quenton isn't on right now I'll take the liberty of answering that question. The embossed tank has the Whizzer name and logo pressed into the metal on the sides of the tank, much like the modern ones. Previously, the tanks had flat sides.

Thanks Kilroy. Not sure I like the sound of embossing unless of course it looks better than just the decal on flat. I suppose if it's really well done it's OK.
Are Whizzers faster than say my Schwinn with Honda GXH50 and Mark2 GB and 48T rear sprocket? It tops 53 km\hr or 33 mph. I suppose they are better on hills and you don't have to replace clutch bells, bushings, freewheel sprockets etc.

Thanks Kilroy. Not sure I like the sound of embossing unless of course it looks better than just the decal on flat. I suppose if it's really well done it's OK.
Are Whizzers faster than say my Schwinn with Honda GXH50 and Mark2 GB and 48T rear sprocket? It tops 53 km\hr or 33 mph. I suppose they are better on hills and you don't have to replace clutch bells, bushings, freewheel sprockets etc.

IJ, Whizzers can be all over the map regarding performance. I don't know what the vintage Whizzers were capable of, but modern Whizzers were shipped from the factory with a restrictor plate limiting the bike to 25mph. You can guess what the first modification was that most owners made.
With any number of minor tweaks the Whizzer can top 30mph, and more agressive tweaks can land you above 40mph. I've had my 2005 NE5 up to 42mph. It could have gone higher but I backed off as I was in a 35mph zone. One of our members regulary hits 50mph and has just sent his engine to Quenton for more upgrades.

Portland, IN 2005

OHV Whizzer [late Terry McAllister] 70 MPH

2005 Flat Head Whizzer [Wife's street bike] 62 MPH

1999 Flat head Whizzer [personal rider] 68 MPH

OHV Whizzer Mike McWhirter 69 MPH

All were street bikes and were riders.

Of course not typical, just thinking outside the box.

Most early vintage Whizzers averaged 35 to 37 MPH, and a good running later model could find it way to 45 MPH [with a light rider on level ground, maybe a small tail wind,etc].

Have fun,

Attachments

• 68MPH.jpg
    68MPH.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,639
Hi all Heres A couple I built:helmet:

Attachments

• Whizzers1.jpg
    Whizzers1.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 2,646
  • SaltFlat1.jpeg.jpg
    SaltFlat1.jpeg.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 4,394
  • SaltFlat4.jpeg.jpg
    SaltFlat4.jpeg.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 2,744
love that bike reminds me of my hotrod days. Wait I'm still in my hotrod days. I supposed to building a motorized bike for my neighbor but got side tracked working on the engine from my 1918 car. Back to the bike soon as I finish the engine.

Thank you jroyce the red one is built for the salt flats . The black one is built to look like A early 1910 style Indian ( not A copy) . There both A hoot in there own way. Have fun on your 1918 car.

Back