The Great Whizzer Photo Thread

My Whizzer has an H engine that was made around 1946 and a Columbia bike made in the late 40s. I purchased the engine and bike separately a couple years ago and have been slowly restoring the engine and bike. I have ridden it several times. There is a video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-1Y6W4yEzc

The video shows me riding it for the first time. There were some mechanical problems with the brake. I couldn't stop because the clutch wasn't working, which created a pretty funny video with over 7500 views. My wife was contributing to the humor as she was taking the video.

This is still a work in progress. I am currently trying to get a new rear wheel, since the old Columbia had pretty bad rims, which made a bumpy ride. I replaced the front wheel with a new Huffy heavy duty wheel with Sturmey Archer drum brake. I'll probably do the same with the rear wheel. Getting good Whizzer wheels at a decent price have been a long and futile effort. This leaves the whizzer as a vintage bike with new wheels, and some new repro parts from Memory Lane Classics.

I still haven't gotten a title and license. I may get this bike legalized someday. For now, I take a run around the block a couple times a month.

Jerry
I like the mini hoist holding the bike up, now I have to build one.
Good looking ride.
BBB

The Black Seat Bugged me..

The Customer desided he didn't like the loud haft Lake side pipe as he origanally wanted.
an I always thought the seat should be Buck Skin Tanned..
So I did a new full Lake side with 80 DB Muffler.
New triple blue chrome..
An Made the Seat
Magicaly Change..
And Now My 6' 5" Gentleman Customer
an I are happy with the final Look and sound.
I mention his how tall he is
as thats why the Seat is so high..
PS. I always Have Quenton
do His JuJu to my cylinders, Heads Lifters
an auto clutches..
This Guy is going to be riding In Prescott Az.
so I chose the 70mm final drive. along with a 19mm Keihan carb.
jeted on the lean side.as Presscott is a mile high..
and down town is Like Sanfransico with long steep Hills
Yikes.?? Will the War Bonnet Make that grade..?

Attachments

Last edited: