The Great Whizzer Photo Thread

KilroyCD

Local time
5:04 PM
This is a thread for just Whizzer Motorbikes, vintage as well as modern. I have seen photos of a lot of interesting Whizzers - new, old, restored and unrestored over the years. I thought it would be good to have a bunch of these photos all in one thread. Who knows? This thread could turn out as a reference archive if enough people add to it.

I'll start with mine...

My Whizzer is a 24" 2005 NE5 that has seen a number of mechanical as well as cosmetic changes. Cosmetic changes include: vintage pedals, vintage-style springer seat, two-tone paint, half-moon handlebars with vintage chrome gooseneck, twin round mirrors (a Whizzer option), chrome fender tips (another Whizzer option) and vintage-style turn signals. I also added a couple of tool bags (note: skunk tail hanging from rear bag). The bike also has heavy-duty Worksman wheels in place of the original wheels.
The mechanical mods include: lightened mushroom lifters, 60-thousandths shaved head with copper head gasket, restrictor plate opened up and hi-flo muffler insert.

Attachments

• Bikes 009.jpg
    Bikes 009.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 5,129
  • Bikes 010.jpg
    Bikes 010.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 4,773
  • Bikes 011.jpg
    Bikes 011.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 5,868
  • Bikes 007.jpg
    Bikes 007.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 7,913
  • Bikes 013.jpg
    Bikes 013.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 4,565
2000 Wc-1

Mine started life as a WC-1. The engine with the valve seat problems. It now has the NE5 upgraded engine along with Worksman wheels and a few other goodies. The first picture is what it looks like now. The second is the original WC-1 engine and the third is the upgraded NE5 engine.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 7,378
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 5,166
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 5,141
Whizzer photographed at the Lebanon PA rally

Here's a neat original Whizzer with a model "H" engine I photographed at the Lebanon, PA rally on August 7 of this year. It is bone stock unrestored and completely original (except for the replacement rear tire). I'm not sure if the owner is a member here, but if he is, any info about the bike would be appreciated.

Attachments

• PA Rally 8.7.10 070a.JPG
    PA Rally 8.7.10 070a.JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 6,850
  • PA Rally 8.7.10 018a.JPG
    PA Rally 8.7.10 018a.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 5,520
Responding to Kilroy's Email:

Yes, I'll post a picture and information about my 2005 Whizzer, known on this Forum as "OSCAR".

So what do I do now?

HAL the ELDER

My Whizzer has an H engine that was made around 1946 and a Columbia bike made in the late 40s. I purchased the engine and bike separately a couple years ago and have been slowly restoring the engine and bike. I have ridden it several times. There is a video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-1Y6W4yEzc

The video shows me riding it for the first time. There were some mechanical problems with the brake. I couldn't stop because the clutch wasn't working, which created a pretty funny video with over 7500 views. My wife was contributing to the humor as she was taking the video.

This is still a work in progress. I am currently trying to get a new rear wheel, since the old Columbia had pretty bad rims, which made a bumpy ride. I replaced the front wheel with a new Huffy heavy duty wheel with Sturmey Archer drum brake. I'll probably do the same with the rear wheel. Getting good Whizzer wheels at a decent price have been a long and futile effort. This leaves the whizzer as a vintage bike with new wheels, and some new repro parts from Memory Lane Classics.

I still haven't gotten a title and license. I may get this bike legalized someday. For now, I take a run around the block a couple times a month.

Jerry

Attachments

• Latest1.jpg
    Latest1.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 6,539
  • Latest2.jpg
    Latest2.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 4,974
Last edited:
MMY 2005 Whizzer:

Hello,

Here is the only picture I have left of my 2005 Whizzer, that I bought brand new in November 2007. (I deleted all the other shots of my modifications)

After 3 years, I have accumulated just 390 miles.

My modifications include:

Mushroom Lifters installed

Head Milled and Combustion Chamber Scooped (by Quenton)

Carb Jets changed

Heavy-duty wheels installed.

New Front Brake

Valve Timing Advanced One Tooth

Intake Restriction Removed

Low-Restriction Muffler installed

Riser Bars installed, Man!

That's it...

HAL the ELDER (Now 74)

Attachments

• IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 726,504
Last edited:
Custom Whizzer By Brent Merkley

Here is my custom whizzer. Lots of old, new and custom made parts.
Cheers!
Brent

039.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg

Back