The Great Whizzer Photo Thread

Back to the top with my 2007 Whizzer NE5 just after I bought in December 2013. Been doing some work on it to bring it up to speed and look to get it on the road early spring.

20140101_120503.jpg

Vintage Maroon, autoclutch, turn signals, mirrors, and a decent amount of corrosion/rust appear to be the key features :D

Seriously, all the chrome (including the vacuum plated plastic pieces) have some form of rust/corrosion on them. While doing the engine upgrades I am also trying to clean everything up. Aluminum foil works amazingly well to remove rust off chrome!

This is my derelict.......based on a Westfield frame

Wow Ken that's a beauty. Looks like a Roadmaster front fork to my eye. I see you are in Severna Park... I picked my bike up from a seller in Germantown; I live in northern VA. Maybe in the spring we can ride? Any decent Roads up there? There's another guy on here that is building up a motorbike that lives about ten miles from me; maybe we all get together. Miles of country roads out my back door.

Ed

Hi Ed,
You're just down a few country roads aren't you? yeah, Ive heard she might be a Roadmaster. The badge says Westfield Viking. So, according to my sleuthing, she's a for-runner of a Columbian. I just picked her up this past week. I've been lusting after her for about 3 months. Finally closed the deal about 3 weeks ago. I got a bunch of parts with the deal including an 1946 original Whizzer owner's manual. Where in VA do you hail from?
BTW, your ride is a beaut!

Ken,
I'd one day love to own a vintage Whizzer like you have. I decided to cut my teeth on a new whizzer, they are still available and relatively cheap.

Anyway, I'm in Fauquier County so miles of country roads. Since I just bought mine I have not yet taken it out on the road.

Do you have to register in MD? Mine still has MD motorcycle plates on it.

Hey guys,

Buzz down to the Outer Banks and we can all go riding [I have hundreds of miles of country roads to ride on].

Bike sure looks like a "Cleveland Welding" bike to me. Most common version is the "Roadmaster" brand. Cleveland Welding, like Schwinn, made bikes for stores with their own badge [brand], like Western Auto, Firestone, Sears, etc.

Have fun,

Can anyone tell me more info on the Whizzer my dad had in high school? Here is a picture. He is 82 years old now. Guessing he is 17 or 18 in the photo.

fred_whizzer2.jpg

Have lots of Whizzer [over 20], but will start with one of my favorites. 1950 Whizzer Pacemaker. 100% original. Won "Best Restored" senior division Portland, IN 2009. It also won first place "Best Restored" in the junior division, but don't remember the year.

Original "300" motor with German needle bearing crankshaft, Hi Compression head, tall oil breather, Carter carburetor, embossed tank, trigger compression release, Hall generator and headlight, Whizzer tail light, Whizzer model 270 automatic clutch, 24" wide rims [Schwinn double nurled], 5" Whizzer rear brake hub, Pacemaker rear stand, Pacemaker chain guard, Pacemaker front forks, Pacemaker front & rear fenders, and painted 1950 Whizzer red [maroon].

This bike is not only a show winner [over 25 first place wins], it is a rider!

Several on this forum have ridden this bike at various shows.

Will post additional Whizzers in the future.

Have fun,

I have an all original 1950 pacemaker, even the tires but front one was hot so I replaced it , runs good has working bi-lite and 5'' drum brake also...im thinking of selling it if I get a good offer as I have 3 more pacemakers

Attachments

• IM002824.JPG
    IM002824.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 320
  • IM002825.JPG
    IM002825.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IM002826.JPG
    IM002826.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 306
  • IM002827.JPG
    IM002827.JPG