The Hornet "Barn Find"

My goal is being reached, people are thinking I found it this way and got it running. The Rocket Ray headlight is on its way. Still debating on whether to put the rear fender and rack on.
3076_bike_001_5.jpg

3076_bike_003_5.jpg

nice.... I love the barn fresh look!! Nice find.

I vote yes on the fender & rack.
you'll prolly have to trim some of the fender away for chain clearance.
and racks are mighty handy for hauling stuff.

Thanks, I think I may go with the fender, but hate to cut it. I guess there are others if and when i decided to restore the hornet. I took it out last night and did about seven miles! I have new bearings coming for the front wheel. I have an original NOS 1950's Western Auto speedometer I want to put on it but I need to find a longer axel. Dax is also sending me a mirror.

Thanks on the info on the speedo, I do have the schwinn digital on it now, but am experiencing the same problem as most with it reverting back to the odometer setup screen. I thought it was from the vibration. I won't put the NOS Western Flyer one on, I will put it on my 1964 Sears mainliner.

Back fender

I say a back fender goes on it and I think you should put some foe rust on the engine so it looks old. Fake rust spray paint or something on the engine.

hey bobcaller,
could we have a close-up look at your front motor mount?
and...what year is your hornet?

thast a sweet bike like the style. that seat looks like a 2x6 whit a couple of springs:eek:

Back