The Inevitable Finally Happen Got Hit by a Car Yesterday.

inspectorcritic

Local time
7:16 PM
Or I should say I hit the car!
I was going to a gas station to mix a couple of gallons of did not want to cross 3 lanes of traffic cuz just 3 days ago wind blew my bike over trash my mirror so I thought to make a right hand turn then a U-turn before traffic caught up and bee horizontal to traffic where I could look both ways.

Well, Miss Plain Jane was on my ass I to slow a bit don't make them turns at 30 MPH I went into the turn she pass me on a double yellow line suppose to be illegal lucky I did not get in front of the car or I could been a squash bloody monkey.
I tried to pull out of turn but too late wheel hit the car the compression of the tire against the car flip me and the bike over. I bang my head on the. pavement 3-4 times doing a body roll. Has poured out of the tank. It might of given me a concussion if had not been wearing my helmet.

Only had a scrape knee was all it amounted to. Cars began to stop try to pick a fight with me can you believe Miss Plain Jane started to cry, I said s**t it was me who was hit I'm the one who should be crying!

The police came had the hardest time trying to figure it out it's a bike but there is a motor on it. She somehow has the right to pass me entering a double yellow line she should of just tap her horn I would of immediately pulled over side of the road so the police said, we are not going to give you a citation. WHAT? ME a citation! Only thing Miss Pain Jane has to do is give you 36" clearance on passing you nothing more.

Attachments

• 20210423_114026.jpg
    20210423_114026.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 244
  • 20210423_120321.jpg
    20210423_120321.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 20210423_114106.jpg
    20210423_114106.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 220
Glad you're OK Inspector.
But, this is comedy gold!

Attachments

• thumb_thats-gold-jerry-gold-tyler-peters-on-twitter-happy-birthday-49035567.png
    thumb_thats-gold-jerry-gold-tyler-peters-on-twitter-happy-birthday-49035567.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 253
All the more reason to have a head light, tail (brake) light and turn signals on your M/B or at least use hand signals

Sadly none of these would of helped the Inspector

Or I should say I hit the car!
I thought to make a right hand turn then a U-turn before traffic caught up
I tried to pull out of turn but too late the car flip me and the bike over. I bang my head on the. pavement 3-4 times

Here I'm going to assume your bike doesn't have brake or signal lights. Before attempting the U turn, did you use the stop or slowing down hand signal followed by the left turn hand signal?

If you didn't use hand signals then both of you were at fault. Her for following to closely. You for not being predictable. A motor vehicle can cross a double yellow line to pass a slow moving vehicle provided it's safe to do so. This could be the reason the police officer didn't write either of you a citation. Glad you wasn't seriously injured.

If you did use hand signals, then she's a 100% at fault. The officer should've issued her a citation. However, if in your location a self built motorized bicycles isn't legal; then be thankful you wasn't issued a citation as well.

Sadly in this everything is automated society we live in many don't know what hand signals mean. That's why I have double mirrors, daylight visible signal lights, a daylight visible brake light and a loud horn that can be heard in a closed compartment vehicle. I use a bell for pedestrians and other cyclist.

bike-hand-signals.png

Last edited:
Back