The insane 70mph Whizzer.

O

OldPete

Spotted this yesterday. Perhaps Mike could fill us in on a little History of this OHV conversion. Like is it still being made? If not, how well did it work out?

http://www.pbseng.com/Whizzer.html

Conversions to OHVs are not a new idea, the famous Ardun heads were used on the old Ford flathead V8s.
http://www.ardun.com/ardun_histrory.htm

Comments on the Whizzer conversion only please. Ardun was linked just because of my love of automotive History.

Conklin OHV Whizzer

Hi yes, still in business, and I have ridden with a few of them, typically costs about 1200+ to convert an engine, run excellent, lots of power, will NOT fit in the stock fame with out raising the cantilever bars, Mike

I've known about these for quite some time now, and finally rode one in Indiana this year-
My Goodness, what a machine!!!
These are the hip tip...
8)

Ohv

Which one did you ride at Portland? I took a short ride at Dawson Springs, KY on Terry's OHV the day before he scored another win on the "Roller Road". My 99 won 1st in the modified Whizzer class, my wife's 2001 won 1st in the stock class, and my 50 Sportsman took both modified and stock classes in the "dirt drags". By the way the motors on all 3 bikes are very similar to your motor. I have a picture of my 50 doing a wheelie off the line, but I haven't caculated how to upload to this site yet.
Quenton

Awesome man! Glad to hear it went so well!
I rode the turquoise one that was over with Johnnie Johnson's "crew"...
BTW- Was Johnnie there with his scary monster overhead machine?
So did anyone get video tape of the dirt drags?
For too many years I've wanted to watch Whizzer drags!
Hey, the Whizzer's coming along. I've just been going a little slow on it (I've got time) as I'm moving my shop, and gearing up to get back to work in an industry I haven't worked in for 7 years; so I'm re-tooling my box, reading up on my machine codes, and re-visiting the basics; you know...
Hey, can you give us more details of the meet in a new thread?
I don't want to take this thread away from Ol' Pete...:cool:

Rif, Johnnies OHV had problems with the new flywheel he made. Something about the magnets not matching the "E" bar on the magneto, and he couldn't rev past 3200 RPMs. He is geared so low it "leaps" foward but runs out of RPMs quickly. I did manage to get a few feet of video [taken by Henry] during one of the many races, and the competition was in fact Johnnie Johnson. I have the practice run and the final race in the modified Whizzer dirt drags on video. As soon as I get time and figure how I will copy the short film to DVD disks.
Quenton

Attachments

• Wheelie.jpg
    Wheelie.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,180