the keyed kill switch

E

eltatertoto

ok, shiek reffered me to this in his thread, but i started a new one, cause i tried doing this on my schwinn with a push button switch, and it didnt work. so i might be asking for some tech support.... but ANYWAY here is the switch on the muray, i just drilled a 7/8" hole in it, and the key part comes off, so you sandwich the box in the middle.

parts list

speaker wire (already had it) $4.00

switch $5.00 about

project box from radioshack $4.00

2 zip ties $0.03

about 3 yards of tape on 2 connections Priceless

i mounted it off center, because i plan to somehow incorperate my speedo into that, cause as you can see from the pics my bars are kinda cluttered.

see the vid here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFAv5ODTNqU

tell me what ya think!, im all ears! sugguestions welcome

Attachments

• DCAM0089.JPG
    DCAM0089.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 827
  • DCAM0090.JPG
    DCAM0090.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 728
  • DCAM0091.JPG
    DCAM0091.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 693
  • DCAM0092.JPG
    DCAM0092.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 703
  • DCAM0093.JPG
    DCAM0093.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 690
  • DCAM0094.JPG
    DCAM0094.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 756
  • DCAM0095.JPG
    DCAM0095.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 776
  • DCAM0096.JPG
    DCAM0096.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 768
Last edited by a moderator:
Its kinda chunky unfortunately. I like to keep my handlebar rather uncluttered so personally i'd mount that thing down low. like behind the seatpost on the stingray. keep going on it though, eager to see how this turns out.

It's great i see that u went ahead with this idea and what you've done looks good.Even better when u inc the speedo....i'm just lucky i havn't got a little brother.

skyliner, cut the kid some slack...he's tryin
I think once you work out the mounting better, it'll be less 'boxy' and obvious
if you like it and it works, that's what matters

well, in the future i plan to make it a dash and make my own blinkers and stuff, with a motorcycle battery, and some motorcycle blinkers. and charge it peridoicaly. thats why its soo big and once i get the stuff mounted in it, i plan to mount ot lower, and less obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't please everybody, eltatertoto. I think the idea is cool, and it will look great once you finish the dash, congrats on being the first to do a keyed kill switch.

why thumbs down? and i hope to insert the speedo soon.....
Don't let it bother ya...thumbs up or thumbs down who cares.The most IMPORTANT thing is u did it and u like it.No-one should ever be criticized for making an attempt :)

The problem here is that the key provides almost no security... All a thief has to do is cut the wires to the switch.

n

Back