The 110 Adventures.

OH, trust me, I love the super vague posts. "My bike won't start" with all the details being "We put the engine on the bike, it looks like it has fuel, I don't get it." I just hammer them with question after question after question. If they don't know I tell them to go find it first. They expect psychic levels of capability. I even have to occasionally tell them that "I'm not there, I can't see, hear, or smell anything. You have to learn."
Eventually you will start being sarcastic and tire from those posts. lol. " Did the hamster inside get fed? if you don't feed the hamster they die and your bike will never start with a dead hamster inside." That's a good reply to those posts. lol

I don't trust amazon. They banned me from reviews. Seems only the paid reviews show up. I guess if you can prove amazon cat food is killing cats, and point people to the evidence, they will ban you on there. lol. Never buy any amazon pet food, your pet will probably die.
Oh I don't entirely trust them for the same reasons, but I have also never had a bad review taken down. The CDH110 engine reviews in particular are pretty harsh overall. A couple of 5 starts that read like total rubbish, and one that doesn't.

I have learned to not trust reviews from most websites though. I bought a fuel tank from ebay, left a mediocre review, call it 3 stars, and the seller hounded me over it. Offered me a measly 8 dollar refund. so I took it, but didn't change the review. Kept houding me every day for weeks. Eventually they offered me a full refund. I told them no. After another 2 weeks of emails I had to call ebay to get it to stop because I had no way of blocking them.

Kept houding me every day for weeks. Eventually they offered me a full refund. I told them no. After another 2 weeks of emails I had to call ebay to get it to stop because I had no way of blocking them.
You may find this thread I started sometime back as to reasons why I will never use Ebay myself...They have got a track record of hounding their customers extending right up to their head honchos all because of bad reviews...lol.

You may find this thread I started sometime back as to reasons why I will never use Ebay myself...They have got a track record of hounding their customers extending right up to their head honchos all because of bad reviews...lol.

This is just a seller from China with an English sounding name, trying to buy their way to good reviews. I didn't have much of a choice in regards to where I bought it from. I wanted to get my hands on one of those enormous 4L fuel tanks just to see if I would like to use one or not. I like having "extra" range. They wrapped it in 3 layers of bubble wrap and put it in a plastic mailing sleeve. Thing was dented and dinged all over the place when I got it. It still functions just fine and I don't really mind the little dents and dings all that much. Some scuffing and black rattle can paint and it's good as new anyway. I just left them a :poop: review specifically naming their packaging as the reason. It's going to stay up there. I refuse to be bought out so they can then screw over somebody else. I want that poor rating to sit like an Amber Heard bed decoration for several months, just because I know it bothers them.

Oh I don't entirely trust them for the same reasons, but I have also never had a bad review taken down. The CDH110 engine reviews in particular are pretty harsh overall. A couple of 5 starts that read like total rubbish, and one that doesn't.

I have learned to not trust reviews from most websites though. I bought a fuel tank from ebay, left a mediocre review, call it 3 stars, and the seller hounded me over it. Offered me a measly 8 dollar refund. so I took it, but didn't change the review. Kept houding me every day for weeks. Eventually they offered me a full refund. I told them no. After another 2 weeks of emails I had to call ebay to get it to stop because I had no way of blocking them.
Been opposite for me, amazon sucks and ebay treats me like royalty. If something gets messed up on ebay, they bend over backwards to fix it and make it right with me, and amazon is just like, well you can stuff it up your...... I got sent and empty box one time, amazon wanted me to send them the defective product back to get a refund, and told me without it I can't be refunded. What didn't they understand about I was shipped an empty box, Idk. I've had packages opened and things missing, and again, I'm supposed to send something back I never received to get a refund. I try to keep my amazon to a minimum because of that. They will not listen. Now ebay, I even say to a seller " Hey, this was pretty banged up in shipping, can we figure something out?" Bamb, they are like " You keep that, we are sending you a free one express mail tomorrow, call us when it gets there so we know you got it, if you don't get it by so and so date, tell us and we'll ship you another one." lol My laser diode supplier in china, that guy gave me a refund, send me a bunch of stuff I had on my watch list, and all I asked was , " Because of covid, will it be 2 extra weeks for my order?" The guy is an awesome seller. I have spent literally tens of thousand with him. Even if his item costs more than others, I buy his, because I know he is going to hand pick me the best of the lot. Amazon, pffft, they send me the garbage. An I only do good reviews, never do a bad review. If it's bad, I just don't review it at all and never buy it again. Well when I could do reviews, now I am banned because of my cat food one, pointing to how peoples cats were dying from amazon brand food.

So I got around to finishing the head. I ended up taking off .4mm and decided to call it good. I would rather take more material off the cylinder if I can manage. I can always adjust gasket thickness or remove more from the head as needed.

It will probably come as a shock to nobody that the head surface was not level. Now it is perfectly flat, finished with an 800 grit on my multi-function glass mirror/self admiration tool. I tried to get a good angle to show it, but of course it proved difficult.

I am now working on the cylinder. For starters, I decided to run a file across the intake and exhaust flanges. Also not too surprisingly they were about as even as the lunar surface. The intake was so bad I doubt it would have sealed. I ran the file across them until all of the low spots disappeared. I just want to finish them with a fine grit hone stone so they aren't quite so rough textured, but I am going to wait on that until after porting.

Then we have the deck surface of the jug itself, and just like every other flange surface on this engine, it too is uneven. Shocker...
I ran a file over it lightly from a few directions and it revealed an interesting pattern. The iron sleeve in particular had a lot of high and low spots. It doesn't show up all that well in this picture, but it was the best I could manage.

deckingtop.jpg

I do know this. I wouldn't try to run one of these engines without taking the time to at least level all of the flange surfaces. Not a single thing on this is even remotely flat.

I guess they don't cut those sleeves on a lathe, would make too much sense.

The threads in your second picture already look messed.

I guess they don't cut those sleeves on a lathe, would make too much sense.

The threads in your second picture already look messed.
Yeah, not sure why they look so bad in the picture. Might be some metal from filing got in there and made it look funky. Not saying that they look pretty either, but the bolts screw in and out smoothly.

If I had to guess with the sleeves. They are cut before being pressed into the casting and then pressed in from the bottom with the cylinder face down. There is evidence of being touched by a mill on the jug... a very crappy mill lol, but the top of the sleeve is not flat at all.

Yeah, not sure why they look so bad in the picture. Might be some metal from filing got in there and made it look funky. Not saying that they look pretty either, but the bolts screw in and out smoothly.

If I had to guess with the sleeves. They are cut before being pressed into the casting and then pressed in from the bottom with the cylinder face down. There is evidence of being touched by a mill on the jug... a very crappy mill lol, but the top of the sleeve is not flat at all.
A little blue thread locker, as long as you can get 10 or 12lbs on them without breaking.

Yea I can see press and saw marks on that sleeve. But hey! You can go 1mm over size, ha ha.

Back