The New 4 stroke! a prototype from the Hoot factory on a Speedster's Blackie Special

• Thread starter Hot Dog Piggy Tails
  • Start date
The New 4 stroke kit prototype from the NTJL factory 4sc Speedster's Blackie Special

3/8" mounting plate (pat. applied for for), I Helped with the design of the double wide timing chain and dual sprockets on each end.. 2(side by side) for the engine output and 2 side by side for the countershaft output sprocket. This Gear Box also features inner and outer collar carrier bearings two in front and two in the output shaft assembly.
This is SOLID as far as I can see so far!

The Lady and I took it for a spin riding double...And it pulled us nicely. Later we went for a spin and I rode my 2 stroker 43' Army Messinger MotoredBikes and She rode the 4 stroke Nantong Fire Dragon 50
I played **** trying to catch up to her and tell her it was in break in stage and when I did I realized she was'nt even on it Maybe 3500 RPM's.

Attachments

• 0128101406-00.jpg
    0128101406-00.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,542
  • 0128101406-01.jpg
    0128101406-01.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 1,559
  • 0121101539-00.jpg
    0121101539-00.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 887
  • gear box 1.JPG
    gear box 1.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 921
  • gear box cover.JPG
    gear box cover.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 663
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 908
  • Fixed moto.jpg
    Fixed moto.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 779
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Quenton Rick of SpeedSters Yes

I decided to use the stock crank arms for authenticity. I torch heated 4 spots in all same angles on each side.I could have used the 3 peice that comes with these kits now but another reason besides authenticity was the bottom bracket that comes stock on these is single peice and the one that comes standard in the kit is 3 peice causing need of a 1 to 3 peice converter which costs money and takes away from the simplicity of an Old feller Servicing his bike.

I've been watching you Guys' progress with belt methods and approve. However I have a contract with the Starfire(Nantong)Factory with these and knew they flood the market again so I helped build them solid. Now knowing the gearbox is wider than Ya'lls is the only thing an unexpected buyer may notice. Not a busted Gearbox!

Been riding hard and it has literally no sound or temperature! Im happy... .Very happy!
Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks pretty wide. How does the clutch work i.e centifugal or like the HTs?
How do you tighten the chain when it stretches?
What is the reduction ratio?
Is the drive sprocket a freewheel or fixed sprocket and how many teeth?

11" wide
Clutch is Centrifugal
the internal chain is hardened double roller timing chain with dual wide gears, and chain.
Reduction ratio is similar to the HT (2 stroker)
The output shaft is connected to the rear double wide gears in the output stage of the gearbox.
10 teeth on the counter shaft sprocket.

Oops I've been busy the whole kit With a 1 Gallon 4 liter tank comes in for $240

The kit here comes with a one gal tank 44 tooth and 50 tooth sprocket and Wide 3 pc crank set Chrome gnarled look handles and is still pulling hard with 3000+ miles!***** I'm currently in the midst of another shipment anything you think would be nice to have along w/kit would'nt just be considered it would just be a slightly higher cost. I have sturmey Archer Dealership, and get the cool latest and greates a few bikes ago I used the 10 guage spokes and a hd Grubee and switched it over to actual drum, then in the front I used a 3 watt 90MM Drum (Special) and all SAPIM Belgium ordered spokes. I'm looking into another Business loan and have been building locals bikes engines and acc wheels all of it always have but soucing wise the drum from china is being worked out I can order the whole hd rear axle kit With the scoooter drum *** for less than they are selling the hd kit anywhere Ebay but I plan to cut the cost so ya'll can get into a drum hd rear sprocket hub for $55 -60 extra! the real deal dual drum have many bikes out there with them.

Hey Quenton. Oh the drum in the gearbox is NO JOKE Bud I'll post pictures. Oh the dual outer collar bearings are a big key in our success. plus the whole housing is super thick including the cover and bearing seats! chains still good @ probably 3000 miles alot of which are double rider miles!The GB has been in production for a while and all the distributers eye's are on thier mail each time they come ha ha. I have an exclusive contract with this facility. Good things Bro.

Attachments

• gear box 2(2).JPG
    gear box 2(2).JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 220
  • gear box 1(2).JPG
    gear box 1(2).JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 229
  • gear box cover.JPG
    gear box cover.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Looks like a version of the JL Hoot single chain drive. If so, it had it's share of problems, and the next version had 2 chains. Both versions suffered serious chain issues, as abikerider noticed from the design.

The chain stretch, jump the sprockets, and often rip the teeth from them. It also depends on the "weed-eater" style clutch, which is a little small to work correctly on a motorbike. Your first clue will be exessive noise as the stretched chain starts hitting the inside of the case.

There have been several attempts to make it work correctly, and the first thing everone does is replace the Chinese chain with a better version. Next they install some type of guide to attempt to keep the chain tight. Sadly the upgrades are expensive and adds to the total cost of operation, making it less of a value.

Have fun,

Nope totally different gearbox.

I have 4000 miles on the first one of the run. All of these are on the road that came from the factory with a 90 day warranty. I keep up on 15 of these from private Customers and all are extremely impressed. Not any of the earlier4 Gear Boxes that failed. These are the bread winner. The cast (Mold) is gold!!! For Sure. Thanks Rick SpeedSters

Back