The new ceramic coated cylinder's

Street Ryderz

Local time
8:49 AM
I have a few of these 48mm bore ceramic coated rather than chromed cylinder's and as usual checked them out before going ahead and correcting transfers and porting them.They are very nice straight and even casting's,port timings are a little weird but fixable,here is what I found!
With a 38 mm stroke short rod the port timings are,133 exh,101.5 transfers,16.02 blowdown,127 intake this was suprising to me as the transfres are at 33mm below the deck and exh is 29 .With 38mm stroke long rod the timings are 132.99 exh,101.01 transfer,15.99 blowdown,127.55 intake.With 40mm stroke short rod they are 144.2 exh,116.06 transfer,14.06 blowdown,123.04 intake.With 40mm long rod they are 143.59 exh,115.46 transfer,14.07 blowdown,123.53 intake.

Right on. Thanks for the info on those cylinders @Street Ryderz. I've been looking at those. Are those from Mzmiami? Been debating between one of those or a falcon911 cylinder. I just got a new zeda engine and it has the open transfer ports as well now. I just got it yesterday and haven't measured but it's a little different than the G4 cylinder.

Right on. Thanks for the info on those cylinders @Street Ryderz. I've been looking at those. Are those from Mzmiami? Been debating between one of those or a falcon911 cylinder. I just got a new zeda engine and it has the open transfer ports as well now. I just got it yesterday and haven't measured but it's a little different than the G4 cylinder.
Yes from MZmiami,I have been looking at the Falcon cylinder as well and it's very nice but not cheap especially by the time we get it up here!I'm going to use the 48mm piston from MZ that is intended for the sleeved cylinder due to the thinner rings and better end gap,they also sit higher on the piston so better all around!

WHAT?! I WANT ONE!
Now I'll go back and read the actual post.

WOW! I WANT ONE!

I sort of highly doubt it could arrive in UK in time for me to use it but I will definitely check it out. 😁

So the ceramic coated ones are without the sleeve?
Yes just cast aluminum and ceramic treated like nikasil but their version/variant, not the ultra thin chrome plating.I checked the bore and it's all nice and even has a good cross hatch to it and you can see the quality difference by eye!I saw this ad someone was talking about on a FB group and it's funny to me that Zeda is selling them also now in standard bore in the kits but not as a replacement yet.

Started working on the 48mm ceramic coated cylinder,man I'm not really a fan of the open transfers but it does make it easy to get in there and correct the angle!
IMG_0047[1].JPG
IMG_0045[1].JPG

The rings from the piston that came with it have a acceptable gap also,much better than the stock 47mm rings!
IMG_0043[1].JPG

Still more work to do but I like what I see so far,there is the typical casting flash that needs cleaned and the port timing is whacked LOL,to get the exh duration I want to use the transfers are so low at 33mm from deck the blowdown would be over 30 degree's unless I raise the transfer's which at least allows me to set the angle of roof properly in doing so.

Back