The perfect hub

This is off a motobecane. Big drum brake, Sprocket bolts on hub, freewheels on pedal side. Just one speed but it's solid... Perfection at its simplest. 50

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Beefy....It would be nice to have a good hub with multiple gears tho ;-O

Andrew

Still for sale

I can't believe nobody has bought this yet. It will fit any bicycle. Kicks butt on those spoke bolt ons.

that's a heavy duty hub

saw some of those around back in our bicycle shop in the early 70s

yes - we saw some - but - they were not in for hub repair

be interesting to take a look inside -- does it need rebuilding -- parts available ?

ride that thing

It was taken off a neglected moped left outdoors for over 15 years. The odo read 47 miles. The shoes look brand new & I have another set from the front hub. The freewheel side is just a thread-on like a bicycle. You could thread on a cluster sprocket to it.

Everybody wants a shifter

Including myself, we all push the limit of this sport. This hub is bullet proof, but from the no response that I have had, I have to assume that the sicbike innovation has taken the #1 priority upgrade to the HT motor. Huh Andy?? After all, who needs a hub that will outlast the motor by 10 times? Or for that matter who ever thought that that junker in the corner of the garage would ever amount to anything anyways. Unlike others, I am not in this for the money $$ Ask Large -- or ask Auggie... or ask capturedbyrobots or the guy that I gave the Motobecane 50 engine to. Or anybody else who truly knows me. You know who you are!!! Anybody that has an original idea that is willing to share it here is welcome to this hub for free. Post your plan here. I will pay shipping for a true original idea.

I'm digging that hub! Is it 36 hole?
For any china engine project that does beat the spoke mount bar none!
Would work for any Titan install as well.
I count 44 teeth.
Lacing is not too hard to do too. Getting spokes would be the only real expense.
And you can get thick ones too.
I'd ask you for it Zomby but I've got a wheelman wheel coming in the mail!

hub to AK

Sending to a new perfect home up north. I have another hub from a tandem if you want it. Drum is much smaller than the Motobecane But it beats the legs draggin. reg spokes/& freewheel will fit. Free ship to you Large. Anybody else pays 15.00.

Got a Pic

I think Ill take it front or like that one? freewheel? 36 spoke 10 ga. ? width and size of the axel? pads clack when you move the actuator? I have the perfect bike. Myson and I ride a Schwinn Heavey Duti Chicago.He's 2yrs old and I want to get a better stopping method! 360 560 0583 Rick

If you get it large measure it with cutting spohes or measuring welding rod centered the order 1 1/2" rolled end 10 guage spokes from the closest big town in your areas wheel builder(Bike Shop) tye them up and make sure they all stick out the excact length out the hoop then true it and grind em measure the length and hub model and Ill find one.?

Back