Finally got my Ghettobike hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to get one for the look and brake mount + sprocket all in one. Also wondering abt width, but we'll see. Just a note, I got the sprocket today, drop-shipped from Rebel Gears in TN. they do custom motorcycle gears. 9 days wait so far. Oh they can anodize the hub or gear but it'd be like +$30.
And if you want a different gear for it, you're almost locked into getting a different one from ghetto bcs it has a 2.6" bolt circle and 2" ID

20190120_003420.jpg

came in couple days ago. total wait abt 3 weeks. one thing I wasn't pleased about is the freewheel was used, tho in good shape. overall quality could be more refined, but it is what it is. you'll want to sand edges and a little deburring. the thing is HEavy,, weighs abt 4 lbs just the hub. Hardware is all USA grade 8.8. I tried to get the most relevant dimensions for you, +/- 0.01mm. Sprocket is custom made for Ghettobike by Rebel Gears and shipped separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh I forgot these - for a spoke calc - Right flange to locknut 16.3mm, Left flange to locknut 44.5. when you put these values into prowheelbuilder calc, 26" rim ERD 535, 36H 3 cross = 250 and 246mm

Thank you!!!! How many teeth does the sprocket have?

Makes me happy that it has a 1\2" axle because that's what my hub has now. That hub was made for my bike.

i chose a 40T with it, but I'll get a 44T too in case my jackshaft gearing is off. 50+ mph is a bit too fast lol tho with this huge brake itd haul it in quick,,

oh I forgot these - for a spoke calc - Right flange to locknut 16.3mm, Left flange to locknut 44.5. when you put these values into prowheelbuilder calc, 26" rim ERD 535, 36H 3 cross = 250 and 246mm

New #21
this has actually prompted me to build my wheel

Thanks for that info, very much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back