The sad deimice of the Fito Modna 7-S

What a cool bike...
36" 3" fat tires on 24" rims, disc brakes, nice seat, cool bobbed fenders, etc.

2_FitoDoneR-1280.jpg

They were cool, but not as cool a moving all the Fito parts to a Grube gas tank frame ;-}

2_GT2-GT5-2sRight1280.jpg

I thought it was cool, just sad to see the maker go away is all.

I have to agree. :)
I like everything about it except the lack of front suspension, and the clownishly wide handlebars.
And the lack of brazed on rack mounts.
IMG_20180325_165052.jpg

Last edited:
I have to agree. :)
I like everything about it except the lack of front suspension, and the clownishly wide handlebars.
And the lack of brazed on rack mounts.
View attachment 81403
A nice 4-stroke shifter despite the taped on gas tank Jon ;-}
The stock tank can mounted by using the bottom bracket on top.
Drill a center hole in it, and then tap/drill the frame so you can mount the bracket on top.

2_FitoDoneL-1280.jpg

Or you can just use some 1" long stand offs to mount it with bolts coming up.

2_Fito3doneR-1280.jpg

I don't particularly care for derailleur gears on a motorized shifting bicycle, the one above has an internal 3 and the one below is NuVinci 360.

2_Copper10GDoneRight-1280.jpg

The Sunlight dual fork springer shock is realitvly cheap and works well.
This bike also has one of my 10G Long Shaft transfer cases for shifters.

As does this, a replacement bike for customers original bike was stolen at my place.

2_Blue10GR-1280.jpg

Customer service is King, period, so bit the cost.

I am going to miss the Fito, at ~$350 delivered, it had all the stuff I wanted for less than buying the parts separate.
What am I saying hehe...
I can barley walk on a good day, I can't even test ride let alone build anymore bikes.

It was cool bike for my customers ;-}

I am going to miss the Fito, at ~$350 delivered, it had all the stuff I wanted for less than buying the parts separate.
What am I saying hehe...
I can barley walk on a good day, I can't even test ride let alone build anymore bikes.

It was cool bike for my customers ;-}

KC, I am very sorry to hear the news of your physical demise. That day comes for each of us and I am very sorry that you can no longer some of the things that have you great pleasure.

I hope this is a time when you can spend quality time with your family with daily celebration of a life well lived.

No one on this forum has changed the world, but you’ve graciously shared from your rich well of knowledge, and that impacts profoundly on those with the wisdom to read your posts and profit from them.

Hopefully, this forum will survive in some form or another and your ideas and creations will continue to inspire and enthuse those who enjoy the pure joy of going fast on a slow bike. Thank you for all your help!

Tim C

Thank you for all your help!

Tim C
Thanks Tim. I still hang around here though I don't build myself anymore, my old helper Joe is still in Phoenix and ready to build, I left him my bike tools.

Last edited:
The Fito is BACK!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01ERCQMUI/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all
2-3 months for delivery? No thanks.

This way better.
https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Rust-Al...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7Q40D6XGENZ2MNMDFMWY

I bought 1 and it arrived early, like 2 or 3 days.
It is sitting outside in its box like my new riding lawn mower did for a couple of weeks.

Anyway I'll figure out a way to get a cool bike built, maybe not my best, but completely* safe, easy to operate, and comfortable to ride ;-}

*completely safe.
With 3" wide tires and dual disc brakes, the bike can stop quick and handles well, if somebody wrecks on it there must be outside forces at work, but it could simply be Juvenal (mentally) behavior.

Motorized bicycles and not motorcycles.

Last edited:
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back