The Schwinn Lazy-Ray

This is my first build, very simple, but very fun. Just a cheapo Sting-Ray with an 80cc kit on it, minimal engineering, just a lot of mock ups. I wanted a funny name so hence The Lazy-Ray! (I get tired of peddling heavy cruisers sometimes) It's completely impracticle, super squirrely, and loads o' fun.:D

Attachments

• bikes001-1.jpg
    bikes001-1.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 859
  • bikes003-1.jpg
    bikes003-1.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 903
  • bikes005-1.jpg
    bikes005-1.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 435
H

HoughMade

I love it- reminds me of my youth. Those bikes were the "in" thing when I was really young...just before the BMX craze...where style went out the window.

crabdance

Local time
1:13 AM
Great looking bike! I love the style too. When I was a kid that was the best you could get. There was nothing else better. Hope you have many miles of riding fun!

necessaryevil

Local time
12:13 AM
Thanks for the nod of approval guys. After browsing the site I may look into one of those "boost bottles" and call it done. I probably should put a 20 incher up front for stability, but it just kills the look.

eljefino

Local time
2:13 AM
Looks good but how many teeth has your rear sprocket? Usually the sprockets are intended for 26-27" tires so it loooks like you have a heck of a stump puller there.

And I agree, love the way everything fits together.

necessaryevil

Local time
12:13 AM
Yes it's just the rear sprocket that came with the kit. It has a lot of low end and wheelie power, but tops out at around 30mph. I'm thinking of buying or making a larger sprocket, 40mph or bust!!!

L

Large Filipino

You mean smaller sprocket!
I love your bike. Is that the Wal Mart bike?
I should have nabbed one when they had 8 of them at 65 dollars Christmas sale.