The Schwinn Lazy-Ray

This is my first build, very simple, but very fun. Just a cheapo Sting-Ray with an 80cc kit on it, minimal engineering, just a lot of mock ups. I wanted a funny name so hence The Lazy-Ray! (I get tired of peddling heavy cruisers sometimes) It's completely impracticle, super squirrely, and loads o' fun.:D

Attachments

• bikes001-1.jpg
    bikes001-1.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 914
  • bikes003-1.jpg
    bikes003-1.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 946
  • bikes005-1.jpg
    bikes005-1.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 465
That is one sweet looking ride. That's what the MotoredBikes community is all about, imagination and creativity. I wouldn't have believed an engine that size could have been stuffed into that small of a frame if I hadn't seen the pics. Great job!

It looks hella fun!!

I love it- reminds me of my youth. Those bikes were the "in" thing when I was really young...just before the BMX craze...where style went out the window.

My bike was both, way back when. Stingray frame with all nice BMX parts. I did'nt like the light frames of the time. Red, yellow and blue color scheme! It was sooooo ugly......... it looked good!

Thanks for all of the compliments, the stickers I drew up on the computer and had the local sign shop make vinyl stickers. Yeah, I meant SMALLER sprocket for the back, my mistake. I think my next build will be a more practicle 26 inch cruiser, this one's just for wheelie poppin fun.

I have the same as my first build..Im goind to build a Moondog next for stability..I see you changed the front sprocket to clear the motor..I cut my frame... i bought 2 of these bikes so would like to know where to get that sproket....If you go to my myspace page you can view my video there of my bike...go to my profile and click on the link....Thanks...Kim

P.S. it is a vert squirly ride...

I love it- reminds me of my youth. Those bikes were the "in" thing when I was really young...just before the BMX craze...where style went out the window.

I'd a thought you were too young to remember the pre-bmx era in cycling!

Everyone had mostly single speed bikes, when I was in grade school, and so called "banana bikes" were the "in" thing. Then came the bmxers, the multi sprocket jobs, and the "ten speed".

Regarding the 10-speed, surely there was never a bike more ill-suited to the popularity it found as a general all-round/all-purpose bike. Was it just my home town, or can anyone else recall seeing guys who inverted their racing style handle bars, so they could ride in an upright position?!

Oh the memories...

Brenton

Beautiful job. Great work. I miss my old Montgomery Wards red banana bike with the tall fiberglass pole and orange flag.

I remember that, I was young but it really bugged me.

I can still remember seeing long haired guys in cut off jean shorts, three lined tube socks (pulled way up), converse all star shoes, t-shirt with a pack of smokes rolled up in one sleave, with a big chain wallet, mirrored sun glasses and a huge leather watch band pedeling that style bike down the street with the handle bars turned up.

Ah the '70s.
:cool:

...recall seeing guys who inverted their racing style handle bars, so they could ride in an upright position?!

Oh the memories...

Brenton

Back