The Scooter Guy Ads Pedal Option

the motor come stock with a #25 sprocket now that i have the custom front cranks i can use the drive sprockets and use what you are talking about on my crank . 80 teeth #25 should make the sprocket almost 70 inches across ? might be hard to go that big might rub on bike frame . have to break out the angle grinder ..lol i can send you a mount , use whatever motor you want , as long as it uses that 5 to 1 tranny

that one is threaded , i would use a 4 bolt hole pattern for my freewheel , but you understand, great availability in sprocket sized .and much cheaper i would step up to the 8mm little heavier chain not as much wiggling around , and more forgiving

well -- well -- well

well -- well -- well

that MB thing looks to be not only pretty fast
but also -- just down right -- very slick

how's that muffler -- looks kind of close to the leg
can't have everyTHING
got to have the engine somewhere
and in the center of the bike is the all round best location

have fun as you sell and ride those THINGS

thank you mountainman , as for the muffler , the out spout is on the side to the left not that bad , leg tucks behind motor and has plastic heat guard , i ride in shorts in the summer no problem . while pedaling leg comes around the side but in theory the motor would be off . soon i will build one with a bigger frame then there will be plenty of room for pedaling . this bike was not the best choice for pedals , but that is good because it shows the worse case scenario. so far i think its good . i will ride it more miles , see how well the crank holds up.

I like and need the pedal THING

this bike was not the best choice for pedals
but that is good because it shows the worse case scenario.
i will ride it more miles

maybe mount one of those THINGS up to a big Road Hog bicycle

regarding motor bikes -- have noticed that
you and your company have just a little different twist a going on

I like that !!
not blowing smoke up your tail pipe
been thinking about MB #2 for a while now
someTHING has came to light
your MB products kept coming to the minds eye
but -- I like and need the pedal THING

now you got that a going on
I didn't think that it would take you long

MM

pedals were on the list of winter projects , i wanted to make them affordable , i knew freewheeling cranks were out there but for a cost , and i just didn't want to raise my price , the biggest expense are the threaded pedal set , about $30,00 bucks , from sick bike parts , the rest of it i get from from my scooter parts supplier , very affordable .

thats an interesting law about the freewheel thing

can u just cut the pedals off and use foot pegs , that's what i have always done in the past , i prefer foot pegs feet don't flop around . or foot pegs and then on the cranks arms make those about 4 inches long and well balanced and just let them spin , or pedal that folds up .
With a 5:1 reduction box to an 11:42 (or 3.82:1) - 19.1:1 would be a bugger to catch those pedals and do any work wouldn't it? Comfortable cadence for us mere mortals (ie. not lance armstrong) is 60-80 rpm. At 1500 rpm this is already 80 rpm to catch up.

Really nice design though - the electric start is a good touch, and those starters work well as generators for lighting etc. If I was in the US I would buy one, thats for sure.

I'm looking at making something similar - using an 11 tooth 6.35mm pitch (#25H) chain, driving an 80 tooth sprocket, without a freewheel (for the moment) due to our silly local laws about being auxilliary propulsion and 200W - at 3000rpm cadence is 80 rpm. Cops cant say its primary mode of propulsion 'cause you have to pedal if you use the motor.

The cutting pedals off idea is a bit 'ghetto' for me, but anyways....

I discovered that the 11 tooth I was going to use is 8mm pitch anyway, so I may as well go the 8mm pitch 72 teeth (for a total reduction of 32.7:1 at the crank - sbp does 30:1) and go the freewheel - It looks like you use the 4 bolt freewheel? And this works OK with the SBP threaded pedals?

Your bracket is a work of art :)

Back