The scooterguy offers freewheel crank and drive system SPECIAL

thescooterguy

Local time
8:26 PM
The scooter guy brand freewheel crank and drive system has many applications , not just for scooter guy brand motorized mountain bikes , this system uses a nice low profile design with lots or clearance for your bike frame , i use a nice heavy but compact chain 8mm , with 4 options on your drive sprocket , 11t , 14t , 17t , and 20t , the large chain ring is a 54 t , with the smallest 1/2in bike sprocket being a 22t . i use a 4 bolt system with 64mm spacing all designed for use with sick bike parts threaded pedals. comes with freewheel , all chain rings , 8mm chain , and your choice of drive sprocket. all assembled and shipped to your door for $75.00 . you will still need sick bike parts threaded pedals , great deal for just 30.50 here is the link for that http://www.sickbikeparts.com/Products/Cranks.html and here are a few pictures of the set up . http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/freewheelspecial001.jpg
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/freewheelcrankinstructionpicture-10.jpg
and a video of the system in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7RhY5P9RNg
check out my growing and always changing website at www.thescooterguy.org

well scooterguy
I guess that was the first time that I went to your web site
although I have seen your machines around much in other places
I find your products offered very interesting
you seem to stay right there with what is wanted regarding motorized bicycles
it's fun from down here -- watching you expand and grow up there
even though I have been thinking about a MB #2
and not exactly what you are turning out there
I almost feel like ordering one of your deluxe MB systems

if you will
just what would your top of the line -- ready to ride -- MB go for
delieved to San Diego, Calif
not placing an order at this time
but -- sure have been interested for a while now !!!

you may pm me if you wish

ride the motor bike

Last edited:
you have a good idea. but i think alot of us are not comfortable with putting holes in our frames. If you made a clamping design you might sell a few more

thank you for bringing that up . most people who use china kits clamp the motor on the frame bending the tube , in doing so they compromise the integrity of the frame , and if enough pressure is applied when the bike breaks it will break where the tube is bent . also clamps shake and raddled loose , causing a cascade of problems ,
if you take an aluminum tube and drill a 1/4 inch hole in it , then put a bolt through the hole with washers on both ends then nuts on both sides , then tighten it snug. Is the hole there ? now on the same tube clamp the tube bending it slightly . putt that tube under some tension until it bends or breaks , it will bend at the clamp not the the hole with a bolt through it . if you want to clamp my system on your bike it can and has been done , but i have built allot of bikes and guaranteed everyone of them for free service and repairs , (customer buys the parts )for as long as the customer owns the bike . I did this because my design for the scooter guy motorized mountain bike was a work in progress , and i wanted to watch every bike i made to see were the week spots were , needless to say . my design evolved into what you see today , the mounting system is fully adjustable uses a countless number of motors , fits all sorts of bikes from full suspension bikes to recumbent bikes , it rides smooth without shaking , and rattling apart , this mount goes on the bike and does not move , you will ride hundreds of miles without turning a screw . clamps are not dependable enough unless you call NASA to design a good system for clamping , i have one on the drawing board , but the thing is , it has to be affordable too . the scooter guy says motorized bikes should be affordable , and i think my prices reflect that , without compromising product quality , and soon everyone who owns a scooter guy brand motorized bike will have a local scooter guy shop to help them buy and maintain the bike . my goal is one scooter guy location in every state to serve customers , no other brand of motorized bike can offer that , at present , if you live in OREGON , FLORIDA , WASHINGTON , or MICHIGAN you can test ride and buy a scooter guy brand motorized bike from a local scooter guy rep . 47states to go . my motto is that business grows in direct proportion to the quality of services and products i provide to my customers , and i want to grow . if you have experience with scooter or motorized bikes or have a scooter shop , and are interested in taking advantage of the benefits of being a certified scooter guy rep please pm me . thanks again for your interest in my product .

Last edited:
thank you for bringing that up,

Glad you feel that way. What one publishes on a homepage goes unremarked, however, discussion on a public forum opens the subject to debate and the gauntlet of public opinion.

most people who use china kits clamp the motor on the frame bending the tube , in doing so they compromise the integrity of the frame

IMO, a poor model to invite comparison. As many here have noted the stock mounts supplied with most HT kits are often problematic with much discussion from experienced MBers on mods and fixes designed to alleviate those problems. It does not instill confidence to state one's design is equal to another bad design.

if you take an aluminum tube and drill a 1/4 inch hole in it , then put a bolt through the hole with washers on both ends then nuts on both sides , then tighten it snug. Is the hole there ?

Is that a trick question? The point is not to drill at all but if you do......... not that that the resulting volume of the void created by a drilled hole is filled but how it is filled and that it retains the structural integrity close to that of the undrilled tube.
On all bikes you see original manufacturers avoid any unnecessary drilling of frames, particularly top and down tubes. For that reason brake bosses and cable stops are welded on. If done, it always includes an insert welded in place, for small diameter holes for water bottle lugs for example, but particular care is taken at this point as is any heat treating necessary after welding.

i have built allot of bikes and guaranteed everyone of them for free service and repairs , (customer buys the parts )for as long as the customer owns the bike .

Parts? Like a fractured frame?

clamps are not dependable enough unless you call NASA to design a good system for clamping

It's a stretch to say that between a HT factory in China and Ridley Motorcycles lies a detour to NASA.
Give enough credit to the many members here that know the difference. There are many discussions in these pages about DIY fabbing HT motor mounts. Even a quick cursory search brings up the subject many times and offers numerous examples.

It's plain that you have and probably will continue to cite the assertion that you have built bikes this way and not yet had a problem and that backing it up with a limited warranty proves the point.

To me it doesn't. One catastrophic failure would be sufficient to negate all the positive assertions.
I have stated before I think the mount hardware you are developing is innovative but drilling a bicycle frame to mount an engine is a bad idea. To argue it isn't in the interest of marketing or sales expediency is to fall short with that innovation.

I agree drilling into an aluminum frame does not seem safe to me, especially the down tube. plus the holes hold a 10+lbs motor.

your argument is convincing and elegantly put . but hay lets just ride and have fun . i'm just saying here's an option , this is the way i mount it . i am open minded and always open to suggestions and ideas and a clamping system is a great idea . and when the right one has been designed and can be reproduced so people can afford it , i will be the first one to offer it up . if i were narrow minded the scooter guy brand motorized bike would have never come into existence . and there would be no other choices for people to make but to buy one of the kits you like. thanks again for your opinion , i appreciate your involvement in all my threads . if it hadn't been for you i would have never designed the scooter guy brand freewheel crank system . thanks .what do you think of it ? that's what this thread is about , you already talked about my bolting system on previous threads.

your argument is convincing and elegantly put . but hay lets just ride and have fun . i'm just saying here's an option , this is the way i mount it . i am open minded and always open to suggestions and ideas and a clamping system is a great idea . and when the right one has been designed and can be reproduced so people can afford it , i will be the first one to offer it up . if i were narrow minded the scooter guy brand motorized bike would have never come into existence . and there would be no other choices for people to make but to buy one of the kits you like. thanks again for your opinion , i appreciate your involvement in all my threads . if it hadn't been for you i would have never designed the scooter guy brand freewheel crank system . thanks .what do you think of it ? that's what this thread is about , you already talked about my bolting system on previous threads.

I am in no way bashing your idea or design. I personally would not drill holes into my bike. If you did offer a clamping design I would cosider buying your motor kit

Back