The 'Silver Surfer' GTS MB

ArtemisJones

Local time
1:21 AM
The 'Silver Surfer' is [nearly] finished! I still have some mechanical tuning, as well as mounting lights and gauges. I designed this, last fall and bought the parts over the winter. It was only recently that I carved out the time to do the project.

I started with rebuilding a 20 yr old GTS Mt bike; including a full frame rehab and polish. Then came the motor - high compression, ported/polished, reed valve, perf carb, CDI ignition, tuned expansion chamber and a SBP jackshaft. With 8 speeds, [gear cassette 11-34 tooth] I can do everything from mt trails to 'way too fast'. I am still breaking in the motor, so no gonzo blaze; as yet. A few days ago, I took it past a stationary police radar - 6th gear, mid RPM, had me going at 48 MPH. With the full suspension, it was as smooth as any small motorcycle.

Due to having such little time, I did not take many pics of the build.

One thing tho - my hands are happy this project is nearly done. I remember why I quite working in a machine shop; many years ago.....
Silver Surfer sm-1.jpg

Silver Surfer sm-9.jpgSilver Surfer sm-10.jpgSilver Surfer sm-7.jpgSilver Surfer sm-8.jpgSilver Surfer sm-4.jpgSilver Surfer sm-5.jpgSilver Surfer sm-6.jpgSilver Surfer sm-3.jpgSilver Surfer sm-2.jpgSilver Surfer sm-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back