the state of the chinese engine market...let's talk.

G

gone_fishin

when i found this motorized bicycle thing, like all of you, i was so enthralled i didn't care where they came from or how i got it. still don't sort of...

but we sure have had ourselves a closer look at the folks who make, import, and sell the kits and engines to us. for the most part, i am not liking what i see.

i won't rehash the lies we've all encountered and learned how to avoid. let's talk about what's happening this very minute:

don grube has been in contact. he's imparted to me some very interesting information about the new gearboxes...he told me differences about sources/makers, and he told me some important information about the technical pluses and minuses of the various options available to us right now. included in his letter are a coupla "digs" at other makers and sellers & we know that's not the MBc way. also...he stated in his letter that i could publish the information only if i posted the letter in it's entirety, ending with the threat that my failure to comply with his wishes would jeapordize our future relations. hmmm...i explained to don that at MBc positive promotion of one's own character and not smearing the other guy is the accepted way to address members of this consumer's group. i declined to publish. you guys don't like it? then contact don and let him know you're not too happy knowing he's holding back to try to control MBc.

jacky lee has joined the forum, claiming to be a rep with a maker based in china. all good, eh? well, it could be...except that when i privately asked jacky lee, as MBc admin, for some qualifying information about himself and his company, i got the same ol runaround. i asked who referred him, he lied, it's confirmed. i asked him for links to sites that offer his products at a retail level...he hasn't come across with that info yet. questions about tech details (from dealers in canada & the US) recieve the response “yes, quality is good”.

china sure is having a hard time getting anything right these days, babies have died because something is amiss with our (USA) trade arrangement with china.

i've had it...i'm tired of the lying liars. i don't know yet what i'm going to be doing differently, personally or as MBc admin, but i know something is going to be changing in my motoredbiking life, and soon.

Hi,Augi!

I will cry now ,i am really didn't lie to you . I just didn't express my opinions because of poor English. Actually i searched MBc through google,indeed. It's no need to lie to anyone.
ok !i will tell you how i can find this forum:
First :when i enter gas powered bicycle in google ,and search .the first display result in china is this link http://www.bicycle-power.com/gas.html
Second:when i open this site ,so many seller in US, CANADA ,AND other country are display . i open all the web read careful,i want find some useful information ,than find this forum . than i join to the group. We used to sell our products by trading company just because poor Engliah. But now We want to develop our business. To make us, sellers and customers get proper benefits.
Third: Christopher is my dealer in Canada. but not he tell me this forum .i am search by my self

Final:jacky lee, i'll ask again, this time publicly: please send me some links to sites that offer your products at a retail level.?? i am realy not understand your mind, sorry for my poor english , not lie . tell me how to do ,i will glad to do .

i know forum is a public area, also had the rules , i agree with the rules.

i am sorry !poor english ,but i am a honest man !
Waiting for you on line !

Sincerely
Jacky

EDIT: jacky lee has given me some info thru email (i see now he posted the same info, i guess that means he's trying)...i want this cleared up in public.

chrishill, did you refer jacky lee to our site? please, i need to know if i'm supposed to be apologizing or not.

hi !Augi!
In Christopher website mentioned this forum .but not he suggest me join the forum . iam really not lie to you . after i join the forum ,in my introduce my self thread ,he find me . and say welcome to MBc,you can check my introduce thread.

ok !another information ,i saw this web in youtube ,please check this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH8okt44Zgg&mode=related&search=
in the video, i also find some useful information, http://www.motor-bicycles.com,
this is the old domain name ,right?

i am really honest ,not lie to anyone ,include my frinedsand my customers!

you also can ask Mr Christopher Hill, i had no words to apologizing now!

Sincerely

Jacky

oh boy...i hope everyone now understands why i had to bring this into the open.

someone posted that this trend (MB's) is going to grow & i concur...best we get a handle on things from the get-go...

if i hadn't posted my concern, then what? i'd be contributing to the subterfuge instead of exposing it. well, considering where i've accidentally found myself (we really did just want to make a tech manual to help people, the rest i guess was logical progression, tho unexpected) i kind of have no choice about making certain moves.

i'm a consumer who's found himself leading a new consumer's group, i'm doing my best. my work isn't always the best, but it's my best, and it's sincerely motivated. i'm MBc Forum Admin...NOT MBc...qualified consumer-leaders wanted, just step up and it's all yours.

as i've said, i (and a lot of others) love the chinese 2-stroke engine and kits. we are, however, adverse to doing business with people who don't feel a need to be up front about who they are or how they conduct business.

jacky lee, thank you...we are waiting for chrishill to weigh-in, then i will do or say whatever i ethically have to do or say. you may count on that :)

Dear Augie

I know Administrator is a difficult work. because the forum is the public area, you will do lot of things for this site . thanks for your work ,i think every one come to here find his useful information ,they will very happy and also thanks for you and your group's work in their heart.
i am not angry about this thing ,i can understandable for your work .

sorry for my poor english ,hope you can understand my mind .

Thanks!

Jacky

Dear Augie

i will never contact Christopher talk with him about this thing ,until he login this forum explain this things clearly .

but i hope you can contact him ,so i am not need wait so many times , i hope this things end up quickly.

Now ,in China is AM3:56,I am very tired now, i think when i sleeping and come back ,all this things are clearly .

hope because this thing that give the customer in the forum more trust and belief in me and my company.

Thanks.

Jacky

Hope this helps everyone

I have not directly referred Jacky Lee to come to MBc. I hadn't asked him to come here, or spoke to him about MBc.
I am very happy that he did though for reasons which should be obvious to all of us.
Yes, I have been speaking with Jacky for a couple of weeks now with regards to what his company has to offer because I am a person who approaches the happy time engines very cautiously due to quality concerns. I as a consumer only want the finest quality, and as an importer, I only want the best for my clientelle.
I have received compliments from Jacky regarding my website. In the upper-most section of my website are my comments regarding MBc, as well as a link to the MBc website.
I would not know if Jacky came to MBc thru that link or if he may have found my website thru MBc...only Jacky would know that.
I have no reason to really doubt anything that Jacky has said, but at the same time, I have learnt the hard way not to believe everything I hear either...especially when it comes to this business.

I am not a dealer for Jacky or Wolf-Child...yet. It is definitely being considered though. I am still a little uncertain about placing an order for some engines, especially when I am having a difficult time getting a confirmation and accurate description of what the company truly offers.

From a business standpoint, I personally think it is great that a manufacturer would show enough care and concern to show up to a forum like this to better understand the consumers wants and needs. For that, I applaude Jacky a lot more than I ever would for any others including Don Grube.

But unfortunately, I did not tell Jacky to come here. In a way, I wish I had of...it's a brave move to have someone like him taking part on the forums.
He came here on his own accord, and for that I have more faith in him than many others.

I hope his long winded letter has helped in some way to allow some piece on the boards again.

Below is a little bit of a message that was sent between Augi, and myself. I'm thinking that we must've had some wires crossed and somewheres along the lines the message below, and my welcome comments to Jacky were misinterpreted and somehow possibly thought of as though I had invited Jacky to come here...something that I hadn't done.
I was only happy and excited that a manufacturer was actually taking that much interest in us consumers.

"Originally Posted by ChrisHill
Hi Augi,

To be honest with you, I had just started speaking with this guy about 2-3 weeks ago. He has gone over my website many times and we had spoke of what is wanted in an engine kit.
I felt it would be a great idea that a manufacturer actually signed up here and did some reading of what the consumer was looking for, and to learn what we see as the problems with the happy time engines.
I did not actually tell him to come to MBc, but I would expect that between talking with me, and what is said about MBc on my website that he likely thought he should. From what I know, he is the sales manager for Wolf-Child."

jacky lee: i apologise for saying you lied...it seems the language barrier works both ways, and i am truly regretful for my part in this misunderstanding. in the future, we will both ask for clarification before we react, agreed? please clarify for us that chris is not a client but a prospective one.

chrishill: thank you for your courage and candor, you're the kind of supplier this market needs more of :)

I had forgot to mention my opinion and thoughts on why Jacky has not provided any link to dealers or retail sellers of his kits in the U.S.A. or Canada.

As we all know, the US has an EPA ruling that prohibits the importation of engines like the happy-time type in quantity. While the government seems to be letting smaller orders of 5-10 kits pass the border from Canada, they are increasingly cracking down on larger volumes coming from anywhere. They are also starting to watch for those in the USA that are ordering rebuild parts and then assembling engines in the USA from those parts.

I think Jacky, and any other manufacturer is concerned that if the US government, or competitors (such as Grubee, (I know Don has tried to get info from me personally, but I ain't no rat and feel it's none of anyone's business)) were to catch wind of some of the dealings in the USA and in Canada (some of us Canadians still supply to the USA) that their companies (and us Canadians) would be heavily fined and also for them face possibly being completely shut down and/ or having their export priviledges revoked. That alone would essentially shut down their companies.

When I am asked who makes my engines, I reply that they are manufactured privately...overseas. That is about as much info as I'm willing to provide about my current manufacturer...for the reasons that I listed above.

Below was my reply to Augie about that issue.
"As for mentioning or sending links of who is selling his products. He likely won't do this as it could lead to proof that he is not adhereing to the EPA ban and the company would be shut down."

Therefore, in this regard I would definitely understand why Jacky has not provided any links or info about who may have his products.
I don't have any of Jacky's products...yet, but I might in the future.

jacky lee: i apologise for saying you lied...it seems the language barrier works both ways, and i am truly regretful for my part in this misunderstanding. in the future, we will both ask for clarification before we react, agreed? please clarify for us that chris is not a client but a prospective one.

chrishill: thank you for your courage and candor, you're the kind of supplier this market needs more of :)

Thank you very much Augi. I only want what's best for everyone.

Back