The time has come

I

ibdennyak

Hiya everyone. Been lurking here for quite a while, and finally decided I might have something to contribute. My name is Denny, and I live in Juneau, Ak. I had a small disagreement with the local law enforcement system and lost my license, so I bought a bike for mobility. Well, it wasn't long before I discovered that a 58 yr old contractors carcass isn't what it used to be, so being somewhat inventive, and lazy, I decided to put a motor on it. I went to e bay to find a trimmer engine, and holy moly, somebody had beat me to the idea. I bought a 70cc Dax, and installed it without too much trouble. Fired it up and had a blast. Then the monsoon season hit (rains about 321 days a year in Juneau) Discovered that in China it doesn't rain as much as it does here, and the kits don't appreciate being covered in mushrooms and green slime, so I bought an electric setup. Got a little carried away, and also got a single wheel trailer, weed eater engine, and a 650 watt motor generator. Turned it into a home brew hybrid, which seems to work pretty well. I put the hub on the trailer, with the batteries and motor liike a pusher setup. Kind of thought I would be peeling my face off the asphalt in the first corner, but it works really well. That, and if I should get stopped, I can claim that the bike is the bike, and the trailer is just hauling a cargo. I mounted a switch on the bars so I can shut the motor off, and restart it if a situation should arise.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the advice, and hopefully I can become an asset. I would ask for stickers, but I may not be the kind of representative you want.......nah, I'll fit right in. Thanks again

Denny

Another Alaskan at last. Welcome to MBc. It sounds to me like you'll fit in. You get tired of riding in the rain, you can come up here and ride in the banana belt. At least until next week when the snow hits.

Another Alaskan at last. Welcome to MBc. It sounds to me like you'll fit in. You get tired of riding in the rain, you can come up here and ride in the banana belt. At least until next week when the snow hits.

Well, almost. More of a transplanted Meenesotean. Ya shore...u betcha. :) Only been here about 8 years. Some friends of mine moved to your area about 7-8 months ago...never to be seen again.Speaking of snow, it was lightly flurrying when I crossed the bridge this afternoon. Guess the 321 days of rain is gonna break.....and the snow start. :(

Appreciate the warm welcome, and kind words. Not familiar how to navigate around in here...hope I don't screw up.

Denny

Welcome to MBc. You'll find your way around here rather easy, give it some time.

Welcome and it sounds like your doing great on your builds and initiatives. If you have any pics, please send them. Like Van knows, I used to live in Petersburg right under you.
Doc

Back