The truth about squishband.

Typical figures for this measurement are in the range of .040" to.045" which allows for rod stretch, carbon build-up and other variables. RB Racing's Harley Big Twin ORCA motors are designed with .035" squish to accelerate the turbulence and to further concentrate the mixture in the remaining combustion chamber while leaving a small margin for carbon build-up. Pure race engines with short duration applications may reduce this figure to .025" as some builders aren't happy till the pistons "kiss" the cylinder head. At .025" when you factor in high rpm rod stretch and piston "rock" at TDC you effectively reduce squish to zero.

I guess someone forgot these Chinese engines aren't quality like an F1 race engine.

Squish Squash and your engine is toast.

hey rich... I read that article on your site about the sytech yoke... that thing is simply stated, brilliant.

Would one benefit be higher rpms??? It seems that the near perfect parallel motion of the piston would lend itself better to higher rpm operation.

It took me a second to visualize the motion... but once you do, it almost seems like it should have been designed that way from the beginning. Especially as it applies to the horizontally opposed flat boxter engine.

How would this work on a traditional inline 4 or v configured engine????

One of the reasons the bottom end of piston engines are designed the way they are is their historical routes that can be traced back to the steam engine.
Steam engines needed to be reversible and operate with similar efficiency in either direction of rotation.
Internal combustion engines were derived from the technology of steam power.

One method to reduce piston to wall friction is to offset the cylinder in relation to the crankshaft so there is less connecting rod angularity on the power stroke.
This would be a disadvantage in a high revving engine as piston speed would be different on the exhaust stroke compared to the intake stroke, reducing the potential to achieve the highest rpm possible for a given piston speed, but low and mid range torque would be improved.

Fabian

copied word for word from here http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/squishcalc1.html

I guess someone forgot to include the reference link and I don't think they like your method of sharing
check the rest of the site

sound familiar?

so what... he is doing research on 2 stroke chinese engines (a machine that the chinese manufacturers stole from a russian design to begin with), not writing a college paper. Do you hold any patents on the technology or copyrights on the written material??? In all fairness he didn't claim the material as his.... he just copied and pasted it without a cite to where he got it.

Reverse engineering is fairly common in the corporate world... If I were you I would take it as a compliment that somebody is following and copying (presumably) your work. When he starts to modify Harley engines with your work, then I would raise an eyebrow.

rich, you would do yourself a favor to learn how to cite quotations.

Last edited:
It does not matter where he got it from. It is accurate stuff, and after some research, could be easily found and common knowledge. Once the content reaches that stage, it can not be considered plagarism. It is not 2canplay's work, this new member is most likely taco or jim. Since when is teaching someone about engines something of scorn? This thread is discouraging to new members entering the MB scene. Rich, stop with the accusing hints that are towards taco or jim. We all can read it and understand what you are trying to say. Everytime you start a thread, somewhere in your post is an attack towards someone and thats just not cool. If you can make a thread without any hint to someone elses mistake (or not mistake), then there would be no reason for people to make a big fuss. If that happens I don't wanna hear people make accusations when there is no actual sentence about someone else. I enjoy learning about new stuff but not when the real reason for the thread is to continue to bash someone, thats just not right. We all just need to get along and learn about MBs. We can have SO much more fun that way. Rich, if you stop, they will and the other way works the same. Let's all be adults and cut the **** that just seems to be clogging up the MB toilet.

Thanks,
Vistaman73

those were pretty wise thoughts from such a young dude :)
I guess if you can see the drama,,,most others can as well ;)

THERE SEEMS TO BE A MISUNDERSTANDING ABOUT SYTECK.
IM NOT WORKING WITH THEM IM WORKING WITH "(FISHER TECHNOLOGIES")
Im not sure if that was in reference to my previous post on this thread so I will go ahead and throw my disclaimer in there anyways...

I didnt want to add any fuel to the fire... I would just like to say that my previous post was in reference to a link on rich's site. I didnt in any way mean to say that the sytech yoke was rich's design or idea. I just thought he might know the answer to my question.

Vetc

I appreciate your support thanks.

Probably best off to not get too involved with this mess between myself and the pirate possee.

Sure would be nice to post a thread without them trashing it.

There afariad they know i am a genius.

I got the puch head for your engine with my cylinder kit.
If you want Jim's billet head i can clean the ashes out of it and give it to you instead.

I highly reccomend the puch head though.

That would be great... I was actually looking for a good ashtray. A cool MB 2 stroke head would be tight.

lol... is there anyway you could mount the spark plug in some wood or weld it to some metal so it stands upright??? :devilish:

Back