The Whizzer "Ambassador" is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good for what it is a motorcyclewhitout the pedals it don't float my boat.Looks sharp tho i'm sure all the yuppies will buy them up like hotcakes

I do like the look of the new Whizzer, but am disappointed that they did away with the pedals. Isn't that what made the Whizzer special/different!? Hopefully, the entire Whizzer line won't departr from its pedal-powered roots.

Hi Capitol Motorbikes,
I guess it important to note that Whizzer is and will continue to make a motorbike with pedals. The new Ambassador model is in fact an updated version of the 1951 Whizzer motorbike [notice I called it a motorbike]. The 1951 Whizzer Ambassdor, and all the 20" Whizzer Sportsmans produced [thousands], which were certainly part of Whizzer's history, did not have pedals, but were a large part of "what made Whizzer special/different". The vintage 1951 Ambassador was the most expensive model, and along with the Sportsman were the first Whizzers to have a built in alternator, and head light & tail light were standard equipment. I think it somewhat ironic that the new Ambassador enters the market place with a major step forward in electrics [electric starter], and the earlier vintage Ambassador's step forward [along with the Sportsman] was in improved electrics [built in alternator].
One again, Whizzer is and will continue to offer the pedal version [currently called the NE5], the Ambassador is simply another Whizzer model offered. And the majority of emails, PM, phone calls, & IM have been very possitive about the new model. And a few have voiced sadness because of the missing pedals [read earlier posts], sounds like Whizzer needs to make a similar model with pedals.
Have fun,
Quenton

No pedals seem like a big mistake but then again,it would attract the scooter crowd. But if you're gonna go without pedals at least add a transmission of some kind so you can be safe riding with other cars by maintaning their speed.
I think the Whizzer buyer is gonna look for pedals.
This is like when Harley Davidson went for liquid cooling.
People buy nostalgia. They want to go back to better days.
For whatever that model may cost,I would just get a motorcycle.
No pedals just takes so much away.

yeah...in for a penny, in for a pound...if they want to offer the no-pedal "motorcycle" give it the goose it needs...definitely let it use it's full capacity, how about a cvt or similar?

it's a groovy ride...but i've been agonizing over whether to place it in the white zone because of the pedal thing...i think it would have been best to qualify the OP with the news that whizzer will still be producing the all-time favorite.

anyway, very interesting news and feedback...i'll be watching this one.

Ya, I gotta agree. It does look nice but it doesn't belong here. I have other home made projects that I don't post here for just the same reason ( no pedals). Maybe some one could modify one to put on here with pedals?
JMHO
Doc

Hi Augidog,
You are correct it should have been stressed that the "Regular" Whizzer is alive and well, and will continue to gain market share.
I do know the motor on the Ambassador is very capable, and can certainly supply the "goose" it needs, and if down the road Whizzer hooks up a CVT [ya never know] it would add a whole new meaning to their slogan "Ride one and you will buy one".
Please move the post to whatever area you think best, I only wanted to let everyone here know about the new Whizzer first [I am sure there are a few Whizzer dealers that still haven't received the news yet].
Because of all the different state laws concerning mopeds, motorized bikes, motorbikes, scooters, etc, it is hard to tell exactly how the new model will be classed, however I am leaning towards "lightweight motorcycle". In my youth in Dayton, Ohio I owned a 1951 Ambassador [in 1958] and like the famous Whizzer Sportsman it had a kick starter, no pedals, and was classed as a motorbike, but it drove the police crazy because it didn't require a motorcycle plate, but a fifty cent bicycle plate. I guess somethings never change, it is now 50 years later and the debate continues. But one thing is the same, Whizzers sure are a lot of fun no matter how you class them.
Whizzer OuterBanks,
Quenton

Quenton: because i'm interested, and it hasn't been mentioned...will the engine be de-restricted as stock? i ask because it has been bumped into a new class, imo, and it would make sense to let 'er loose! so you know...besides rif's whizz'ster, i've also ridden the beauty that "bill green" built for a local rider...so, yes, i do know what i'm talking about...& i know what you're talkin' about, too ;)

i had to move this to the white zone, but in return i edited the subject line :)

This has a great look. But....When I was a young boy riding my bicycle, I dreamed of the day I could buy my first MOTORCYCLE. This new Whizzer Ambassador reminds me of those days. MOTORCYCLE, MOTORCYCLE, MOTORCYCLE. The Ambassador has very little to do with a bicycle. You have to have peddles. No "foot pegs" to be in my classification of a motorbike/bicycle.
Heres a photo of my first motorcycle. Anything similar?

I do really appreciate the education, and update of the Whizzer products though. Thanks, graucho

Attachments

• my_71_honda.jpg
    my_71_honda.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,098
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back