The Whizzer "Ambassador" is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quenton Guenther

Vendor
Local time
5:38 PM
Many, many, many members of this site have asked me about the new Whizzer, well it is official! After approx. 2 years of designing & testing Whizzer is ready to ship the new model. It is black, and sleek, has foot pegs, more power, bigger brakes, with a low seat height, and reminds me of my first Whizzer. My first Whizzer was black, and sleek, had foot pegs, more power, bigger brakes, with a low seat height, kick starter, and was Whizzers top of the line model called the "Ambassador". Oh did I mention the "Ambassador" is back? The kick starter has been replaced with an electric starter, and the wheels are 26" instead of the 24" , but once again the top of the line! The new Ambassador looks fast just sitting still, and has a refined "chopper" look, with all kinds of features like high handlebars, wide padded seat, crome controls, dual mirrors, custom cushioned grips, speedometer, tachometer, wider rims, DISC brakes, automatic clutch, turn signals, horn, 81 watt alternator, large headlight, tuned exhaust system, larger battery, electric start, and 26" X 3" tires. The famous Whizzer motor will still provide the power, but more power at your finger tips than ever before. Not only does the Ambassador have more power but still delivers 90 MPG. It just doesn't get any better than this! Well maybe it does, because Debbie at Whizzer told me today, mine would be shipped soon. I just can't say enough about the new Ambassador, it is far more than I expected. I was told Dealers should have them in stock by the beginning of March.
Have Fun,
Quenton

Attachments

• Frontleftsmall.jpg
    Frontleftsmall.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 6,449
  • BrochureFront.jpg
    BrochureFront.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 6,407
New Whizzer

Wow that does look good. No pedals? That means it has to be registered as a MC here in CA. What do they sell for? Does the electric starter fit older whizzer motors?

Wow that does look good. No pedals? That means it has to be registered as a MC here in CA. What do they sell for? Does the electric starter fit older whizzer motors?

My thoughts exactly. Without pedals how can it be considered a bicycle?
BUT, it is really a great looking machine.

Wow!!

That is an awesome looking ride.. But missing pedals is not good here where I live. Removing the pedals was not a good move for us here in Colorado anyway.. What size is the engine? Did I miss that? I think they are larger than 50cc or?. But.. Even at that, Pedals still help as cammo if you know what I mean.. At any rate.. A great looking ride for sure.. Thanks for the post.. Enjoy the ride...

It will be interesting to find out how much they will charge for this. Will the price double??? Seems to me that it's no longer a motorized bicycle. Wouldn't you just buy a scooter or an old street bike and get a little better reliability and speed?? Yamaha makes a nice scooter that can be had for about $1000.00. Yes I know it's a scooter but you could also find an old Yamaha XS 650 for about a grand and modifiy it to be chopper like. Here is an example...
http://www.custom-choppers-guide.com/yamaha-choppers.html

Whizzer did, however, make a sweet looking machine.

O.K. How much are we talking here? I like it but no pedals might hurt.

That is an awesome looking ride.. But missing pedals is not good here where I live. Removing the pedals was not a good move for us here in Colorado anyway.. What size is the engine? Did I miss that? I think they are larger than 50cc or?. But.. Even at that, Pedals still help as cammo if you know what I mean.. At any rate.. A great looking ride for sure.. Thanks for the post.. Enjoy the ride...

I think a normal Whizzer engine is around 138 ccs, but I could be a few off one way or another.

Some states [such as North Carolina] doesn't consider pedals an issue. In North Carolina scooters [no pedals] including electric versions can be considered Mopeds. In some states it is the motor size, and in some states the HP and or top speed determine the class. It isn't a secret that many 2 stroke motorbikes bend the rules by upgrading to motors larger than 50 CCs [70 CC, 80 CC, etc]in states where motor size determines the class. It is important to check the laws in each state as they are seldon the same form state to state. When I was a teenager [14] in Ohio I rode my 1951 Ambassador [no pedals] and all that was required was bicycle license plates as long as the motor produced less than 5 brake HP. There were many to choose from at that time including Triumph cub, JBe, Ducati, Whizzer [all models], Cushman, etc that were legal because of the HP rating. Of course laws change over time, and it is wise to keep checking in each state.
I think the retail prices is $1995.00, but If you loaded up a New Whizzer NE5 [pedal version] with all the features that come standard on the Ambassador the price would be very close. The Ambassador has been added to the product line, not as a replacement for the NE5 motorbike, but as another option. In a few states [check your local laws] the Whizzer motorbike [vintage or new edition]must have plates, so the Ambassador will be classed the same.
Quenton

My thoughts exactly. Without pedals how can it be considered a bicycle?
BUT, it is really a great looking machine.

It's not a bicycle, can't be a bicycle and never will be one in that configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:
That machine looks really sharp but I'm afraid I have to agree with the nay sayers on this one. It looks like a motorcycle, it has no peddles and in most states, I believe the engine size would put it in the motorcycle category. Since it's sure to cost a pretty penny, why not just get a motorcycle with a transmission, register it and ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back