Break In The Wrong way to Break a New Engine in!

D

Dockspa1

After lifting my bike upon the work bench and turning to grab the old 10 mm wrench, Shazaam! It fell on the floor hitting several machines on the way down.
Question; After this it still runs great but do you think the engine will have a hot spot and sieze without the cooling fins and is there any way to make it better? (Like an aluminum bandaid!).
Brian :censored:

963_P1010014_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
isntall a small computer case fan to blow on the area? LOL

my engine is always hotter on the left side than the right. I may do some fan thing, no matter how cheesy it may look.

ok

Ha! Ha!

Well maybe if I brake in the otherside as even as this side it will all balance out! Not! :???:

doggone, that's bad news.

i'm thinking it'd prolly be alright, but i wouldn't idle at standstill for long if i was you.

Good idea

I agree not to stand still to long and just maybe it's time for the hillbilly coffee can induction cowl especially formulated with giant hose clamps.
Hey if it works and it's cheap, let it roll!
Brian

I just noticed that your engine is incredibly clean! even the edges of the fins are nice and straight. Everythings so shiny and new looking.

Mine looks like it was molded very badly...

:LOL:

look at the intake gasket, the engine's brand new...give it time :p

while this topic's been going, i keep looking at my bike trying to mentally engineer that cowl, too 8)

Yup!

Your right, this motor has maybe a total of 10 miles on it.
Tell me when you get that induction cowl designed for me.
Got a good deal on this engine kit. $153.00 with shipping. (Ebay)
Later

take it to you local welding shop and have the old fins tig welded back on P.S, tell them to tac it only no welds over 3/8 long

You were talking Augie about how nice the molding was on this engine so I will tell you it is a Kings, which is weird considering alot of the members here think that King is the worst but the fastes.
Strange.
doc

Back