These gaskets are new

Juicyjayocean

Local time
1:01 AM
16646476679394029091426192088411.jpg

It's torqued to spec 15lbs this is the first time I run this engine fumes were also coming out it's a phantom of course y'all already know are these just bad gaskets or is because I pre lubed the engine with oil did I do something wrong I think the studs might not be all the way in ...maybe

It's torqued to spec 15lbs
Its supposed to be 12 ft pds which is 144 inch pounds using a ten inch long, quarter inch drive torque wrench...That was in the manual I posted on here for you to read and apply...It's on page 15 and reads as follows:

Torquing down the Cylinder Head
After running the motor for ten minutes or so, the Base and Head Gaskets compress and so the Head Retaining Nuts may become a
little loose. It’s good practice to “re-torque” the nuts but it must be done with a 10” or similar Torque Wrench. A typical Automotive
wrench is not accurate enough and many studs have stripped from motors as a result of using this type of tool. If you do not have
access to the correct tool, then do not touch the nuts! Most motors run fine for years without ever having the Head Nuts being re-
torqued.
If you have the correct tool, the torque setting is: l.4Nm (12 ft/lbs) for M8 nuts and 1.lNm (10 ft/lbs) for M6 nuts. Tighten evenly using
a star pattern. WARNING: There is no Warranty for stripped Head Nuts or Cranks Studs.

first time I run this engine fumes were also coming out
Take a rag and wipe underneath the exhaust port where the pipe flange is attached...If it is wet and blackish, you have a leak on the exhaust gasket and it is blowing the oil that you are seeing thats wetting the front mount section.

I pre lubed the engine with oil did I do something wrong
Only if you left that cup and a half of oil still in the crankcase you mentioned a few pages ago...I had repeated told you that you only use a few drops of oil on each of the crank bearings as well as using just a light coating of oil on the inside of the cylinder applied with your fingers.

I think the studs might not be all the way in ...maybe
That is a real possibilty if you didn't double nut each stud in order to seat those four cylider studs all the way down before placing the jug over it when doing the final assembly.
These are all questions that you should have asked BEFORE doing the final assembly, not after the fact.

Do you remember a few pages ago when I mentioned this to you???
I have anger issues
This little "Hobby" of ours is going to do one of two things then, It will either overwhelm you with "Anger" or help you to control your anger and teach patience and the ability to think things out without allowing the anger to control you.

Its supposed to be 12 ft pds which is 144 inch pounds using a ten inch long, quarter inch drive torque wrench...That was in the manual I posted on here for you to read and apply...It's on page 15 and reads as follows:

Take a rag and wipe underneath the exhaust port where the pipe flange is attached...If it is wet and blackish, you have a leak on the exhaust gasket and it is blowing the oil that you are seeing thats wetting the front mount section.

Only if you left that cup and a half of oil still in the crankcase you mentioned a few pages ago...I had repeated told you that you only use a few drops of oil on each of the crank bearings as well as using just a light coating of oil on the inside of the cylinder applied with your fingers.

That is a real possibilty if you didn't double nut each stud in order to seat those four cylider studs all the way down before placing the jug over it when doing the final assembly.
These are all questions that you should have asked BEFORE doing the final assembly, not after the fact.

Do you remember a few pages ago when I mentioned this to you???
I'm getting better I just rush alot the problem was my exhaust it wasn't clearing the engine mount but a couple wam bam bangs later now it does don't forget to make it red hot first though

I have a good feeling about this one that leak is the only problem so far I let the engine warm it self up for 15 mins or so then I let it cool off then again let it warm up but took it up the driveway and back about half a mile realized I had a leak fixed the leak now I'm here I put a little gasket sealer here and there though so I'ma let it cure that's it for today

It runs, makes a slobbering mess, but you'll figure it out. Keep wiping it down and watching for where the oil is coming from.

So I noticed that there isn't a phantom 85 sticker on my engine possibly a yd100 bottom end ? How could I even tell are they basically the same bottom end

Back