they finally got me

citychopper

Local time
6:33 PM
hey there just bouht a stingray fell in love with it t first sight man got it to run and drive though we had trouble when ever we would give it gas ...gave him 100 bux for it brought it home and now it wont even start ..cleaned the carb now im confused do i take it to a scooter shop or is there anyone here that can walk me through this

If it won't start it's either no spark or a a fuel problem check for spark, take out the spark plug, hold it against the engine a and get the engine to turn over while looking for spark in the plug.

Spark, fuel, air, compression. If it has been sitting for a long time like all winter, it probably just needs the carb. cleaned out. Since you had it running though poorly It's probably gummed up gas. Might wana rinse the tank out too.

Yeah I left out compression and air, figuring if it was running and now it's not, unlikely that something happened to compression or air in a short period of time, more likely gas, maybe spark.

Yeah I left out compression and air, figuring if it was running and now it's not, unlikely that something happened to compression or air in a short period of time, more likely gas, maybe spark.
Ya sometimes I go a bit overboard.

he said it was sitting in the garage for a year i cleaned the carb soon as i got home thanx kmarscet jr i just took out the spark plug it was gross already cleaned furel line but i do have 2 fuel lines one i have to put a screw in outherwise it spews gas and the other goes to the supply line

You really should use a spark plug gapping tool, they cost like $1 at the local auto parts store. If it sat with fuel in the carb for a year, that carb will most likely need to be taken apart completely and rebuilt, Gas turns to a varnish like substance after just a few months.

Back