Thicker clutch cable source?

INTP_ty

Local time
6:05 AM
I’m on my 2nd China girl & both clutch cables snapped on me. 2nd kit came with the gold piece btw.

Anyone know where I can get a thicker cable? Like the thickest one I can get...

Throttle cable broke too lol. The bead inside the housing.

A bicycle brake cable should suffice for a clutch cable. If you are snapping cables something is amiss.

Agreed, the stock cable is the cheapest they could find but it doesn't take a lot of strain compared to a brake cable. You can use standard V/canti (flat bar bicycle) brake cables. Stainless steel cable would be nice for winter.
Gear cable, or filed down road bike cable should work for the throttle a long as you can find the appropriate size knarp to fit in your twist throttle. Otherwise, there are complete replacements with the outer already fitted.

Either bad luck or you're really cranking that wot too hard, I'd side with bad luck since you're probably using stock throttle with plastic components that give out before metal cable should.

The brake cable is best for the clutch, if it's tearing then you likely can adjust the arm a bit so the angle isn't as extreme, or remove the secondary spring on the cable between the cable housing stop and the arm if you haven't already (not the one that protects the housing from the cylinder.)

If you are apt to Jerry rigging things you can find tractor/riding mower brake cables or the shifting linkages some use which can be pretty thick... Good luck finding housings for them though lol..

sounds like cables are being tied down rather than allowed to flex

Back