things are going TOO good!

linnix13

Local time
8:47 AM
i have the cheap chinese 2-stroke 80cc from ebay and it does around 60kph. i have riden 25000km without a single problem. i havnt done anything but lube the chain and clutch gears for that 2500km. it is running way too good, its fast torquy and reliable. to good for only 130 bucks. so what will happen? what should i expect? i ride way away from home. will the crank break off? will it explode? will it catch fire? or will it just peacfully die? how long do these engines run for, and how do they die when they reach there end. do they snap a rod or just loose compression and fail to have any power? thanks guys!:D

That is great news - I'm in the process of doing my first bike engine installation - chinese 2 stroke 80cc (80cc = 66cc) :) I'm so happy to hear that yours is treating you so well! Ride on dude! Any pictures???

Last edited:
a little rich -- heck with Al Gore !!!

will the crank break off?
will it explode?
will it catch fire?
or will it just peacfully die?
how long do these engines run for
how do they die when they reach there end
do they snap a rod or just loose compression and fail to have any power?

hard to say -- hard to say
my buddy got not many miles at all before experiencing troubles
and some here claim over 5 thousand miles trouble free

keep oil in that thing -- a little rich -- heck with Al Gore !!!

ride the motor bike thing

2,500Km or 25,000Km....i'll assume u mean 2,500.
To answer your question it'll last as long as it lasts.....look after it cos you've got a good engine there,& when it eventually does die give it a Viking Funeral.

hey linnix13

ride the heck out of that thing with plenty of oil and let us know what you do get

remember on big down hills even though your MB will go very fast
only go as fast down hill as on the level
and keep a little gas going into engine even while going down hill -- it lubes the engine

ride the motor bike thing

mountainman is right about the downhill stuff. my only recommendation is not to wind the **** out of it, keep the vibration (if you have any, most do) down to minimum. if you ride with no regards to vibration the engines life will be shortened. good luck with it

mountainman is right about the downhill stuff. my only recommendation is not to wind the **** out of it, keep the vibration (if you have any, most do) down to minimum. if you ride with no regards to vibration the engines life will be shortened. good luck with it

it used to have ridiculous amount of vibration at 45+kph but then i replaced my plug and loosened my chain and now it will hit 60kph without any vibration. only downhill though it does around 40 on flat ground. but there is no vibration at all and the engine seems smooth.

"80cc" is actually about 65cc, as most dealers are now admitting.

all the HT's have the same stroke, but different bore...for some reason, the (constant) port-timing seems ideal for this bore size.

we ran a sample 65cc up here once, did 37+mph (44t) right out of the box...i mean it wuz sca-reamin'! almost right away, we knew what to expect...it blew itself to pieces in under 300 miles...the typical "needle-bearing-embedded-in-the-cylinder-wall" trick...we eventually deduced that not enuff lube gets to the underside of the HT piston.

use 20:1, and be as conservative as is possible for you.

Back