Things that hinder 50cc 2 strokes out the box.

Local time
7:05 AM
I'd like to call this "things that hinder 2 stroke 50CCS...."

A lot
of us know that there are no out the box after marketparts for 50cc China based blocks versus the 66/80cc blocks so for future reference this is an open conversation made for those who are looking to loop hold modifications to 50cc performance.

If you have a built up 50cc please tell us your experience with the fallowing parts below:

Carb swap and or jetting 66/80cc for 50cc.

Exhaust swaps of the 50cc stock exhaust to 66/80cc parts.

Head swaps 50cc to other 2 strokes above 66/80cc.

These comments and experiences will be drawn up for a facebook group that I am seeking to open up nationally where all can come and feel welcomed.

This group is also seeking advanced skilled, pro circuit, and home built mods for 2 stroker only folks thanks.

I'd like to call this "things that hinder 2 stroke 50CCS...."

A lot
of us know that there are no out the box after marketparts for 50cc China based blocks versus the 66/80cc blocks so for future reference this is an open conversation made for those who are looking to loop hold modifications to 50cc performance.

If you have a built up 50cc please tell us your experience with the fallowing parts below:

Carb swap and or jetting 66/80cc for 50cc.

Exhaust swaps of the 50cc stock exhaust to 66/80cc parts.

Head swaps 50cc to other 2 strokes above 66/80cc.

These comments and experiences will be drawn up for a facebook group that I am seeking to open up nationally where all can come and feel welcomed.

This group is also seeking advanced skilled, pro circuit, and home built mods for 2 stroker only folks thanks.

All the pats for the 66's fit the 48's and do the exact same thing for ethier the only thing that is different is the head's.I have built many 48's and modded them, brought them up to actual 50's and have out performed the larger 66's with them.

This is what my bike looked like when it was first built and fitted with a 48cc china girl I ran it like that for a year before it receveid a 66cc mainly because this build started with stuff I had just sitting around the shop.I put about 1000 miles on it that first year and then a took the 48 and put it in this next bike and sold it to a customer who still has it thousands of miles latter.

Attachments

• 2015-05-29 16.56.13.jpg
    2015-05-29 16.56.13.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 575
  • 2017-05-31 23.14.03.jpg
    2017-05-31 23.14.03.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 487
All the pats for the 66's fit the 48's and do the exact same thing for ethier the only thing that is different is the head's.I have built many 48's and modded them, brought them up to actual 50's and have out performed the larger 66's with them.

I still think the 50cc need a new pilot jet to run a 66cc poo poo or thruster

Right now my 50 runs chocolate brown stock when dry under shut down at high load more of a wet chocolate brown which turns to a brownie brown after the motor cools bone stock.

Thinking a pilot may be needed if I'm chocolate brown now as it will run in theory 15-25% lean Max at idle.

I like to feel the motors stilll running by feeling and ear so I do not have to pull my ear buds.

Thrust pipe sounds right to me with a bigger pilot or since what I know it's a NT STOCK carb meaning it's possible to only need the needle height adjusted to enrich.

In WA I feel K&N style air filters are harmful to your engine more then good due to excessive rain leading to hydro lock or suffocation by water oil and fuel blocking them.

Back