Things to do to engine before installing

dparenti13

Local time
10:35 AM
Hello everyone, I recently just ordered a Zeda80 Stage 2 engine with the Jake head. I'm really excited. Are there any modifications I should do before installing the engine on the bike? Should I take it apart, tap, and loctite the threads that the head bolts go into? Just concerned about things regarding reliability mostly..

I never loctite anything on these because the bolts stretch rather than come loose. I lift top end enough to check all 4 ports for good machining, oil bottom end bearings and oil cylinder walls, and oil the base gasket(s), then check for enough flat washers under head nuts and retorque all. I then free clutch if stuck, check that clutch arm is about straight back, and grease the small bevel gear while spinning motor with drill with slotted bit in crank bolt.

Hello everyone, I recently just ordered a Zeda80 Stage 2 engine with the Jake head. I'm really excited. Are there any modifications I should do before installing the engine on the bike? Should I take it apart, tap, and loctite the threads that the head bolts go into? Just concerned about things regarding reliability mostly..
You might lose your warranty see guys do it on YouTube their mechanic nuts take it out of the box take every thing apart I would cry to reassemble it have it not work some of theirs never did either.
But I would use Loctite on motor mounts or just about any screw you gotta turn.

You definitely want to tighten the cylinder studs into the engine, make sure they are real snug. Sometimes with these engines out "of the box" you go to undo the head cover nuts and the whole stud comes out instead. Its a good way to prevent stripping, and air leaks in the future. Not to mention headaches.

Back