Think I am going to buy another kit.

gafr60

Local time
12:01 PM
I bought a Staton friction drive kit a year and a half ago. It has a Honda GX-35 engine with a 1" roller. After a break in period, the engine increased in power and it goes up hills with little assistance. I expect to have to pedal occasionally, some of the hills here are very long and steep. Overall, the Staton setup is a hoot to drive and I have had zero problems with it.
I have recently acquired an old Specialized bike (for 2 bucks) without a seat or pedals. I bought it for the wheels, as spares, but shucks, the bike is nice. So I purchased a seat and pedals for it. Just too nice to canabalize.
So, I think I will buy another Staton kit.
Has anyone purchased the kit with the Zenoah 2 stroke?
Would it handle the hills as well as the little Honda?
The reason I am considering the 2 stroke is I usually end up with a surplus of gas leftover from cutting wood.
Should I go up in roller size? Or purchase the 1" again?

i dont know what the comparison of the engines are but ive seen some impressive videos with the GP460 engine on staton friction drive. i would go more power if i were you.

i dont know what the comparison of the engines are but ive seen some impressive videos with the GP460 engine on staton friction drive. i would go more power if i were you.

My Bike, The Snow Tiger, started off with a 460 engine and friction drive.
It was fast, but man, it ate tires! And it was a dog on steep hills.
So I installed a shift kit, and it was a perfect match! Hills no problem.

Anyway, go with 1", if it works for you.

You can always change rollers.

Back