Think I'll Need This Forum

That is very cool,adding that to my "to buy" list. I won't worry about the muffler brace then,with the angle the frame is at,it'd be a pain to fit anyway.

Welcome good to see you here.

The main think is making sure the chain and sprockets are aliened and the sprocket is lined up and down as well as sideways. I have a cheap 80cc kit I got off eBay and put a gallon throw it in less then a week. I am getting ready to go to the hospitial so it will be weeks or months before I drive her again.

Here is my first build and starting on my second build.

Cool,I really like the black and chrome. I've recently come to the realization that many bike parts aren't designed for sustained speeds of 20+ mph,and stopping from said speed. Like break pads,and cheap speedometer heads.

Cheap Chinese POS chain! Master link came undone while riding,fixed it without master link,then THAT came apart and jammed in the back wheel! Hope it didn't break the wheel. I would have checked, but I needed to walk away for a bit. This is all after the fuel shutoff leaked what little gas was in the tank onto the floor.

Welcome good to see you here.

The main think is making sure the chain and sprockets are aliened and the sprocket is lined up and down as well as sideways. I have a cheap 80cc kit I got off eBay and put a gallon throw it in less then a week. I am getting ready to go to the hospitial so it will be weeks or months before I drive her again.

Here is my first build and starting on my second build.

45u, this chain and sprocket issue is exactly why I joined this group. I inherited my deceased brothers 69.5cc engine on a Huffy. The engine chain was missing, so we picked up 2 short chains (1/2" x 3/16" they had ordered in error), we tried to thread it through the front smaller sprocket(?), it laid on the teeth of the large rear sprocket just fine, but would not cooperate on the smaller front one, we have ordered a masterlink, but while we are waiting we thought we'd feed the chain and cut it to size.
Is there a specific size chain we should look for, or an issue with the Chinese engine? I appreciate anything you can share. Thanks

Last edited:
The sprocket was aligned,but as it turned out,the chain hit the frame in one spot,I guess that is what popped the clip off the master link. My no master link repair apparently came loose because I had worked the link too many times with a cheap chain tool trying to put it together. The result of all of this is a shiny new motorcycle chain tool and a ruined rear wheel. Anybody in Chattanooga have a cheap 24" mountain bike wheel?

Back