Thinking about going for a really long ride

Go for it you'll have a blast

I got my Kicks on Route 66

View attachment 178109
I'm jealous, looks like a lot of fun. I had actually planned a US roadtrip for 2020 but covid f***ed all those plans up. If the cdn govt ever decides to not be the chinese govt I plan on doing a route 66 road trip. Not with a MB mind you. Although I probably will bring my MB along.

There's a guy that goes by "travelhart" that has crossed most of the country on a motorized bicycle, he's got a FB page and has posted on the other forum from time to time. He carries a tent and supplies and camps along the way, using campgrounds when possible.
Haven't seen any of his posts but that sounds incredibly awesome. I wish I could just say f*** everyone including my job and do that forever, but alas, I need an income.
Not it. I am a big fan of showers.
True. So am I. Cold showers are okay though.

Honestly though, I do need to find a trailer for this trip. I'm starting the search. You guys in the US have a lot more options then us up here in Commie ville.

Not only for my wife, my spare parts, food, tent, water, etc. This should be pretty entertaining (I hope)

I'm jealous, looks like a lot of fun. I had actually planned a US roadtrip for 2020 but covid f***ed all those plans up. If the cdn govt ever decides to not be the chinese govt I plan on doing a route 66 road trip. Not with a MB mind you. Although I probably will bring my MB along.
Damn I traveled almost 10,000 miles summer of 2020, in a Kia. NM to SC to NM to GA to SD to MD to NE to NM! Only masked when forced. You're in Canada?

Yes I am. Which basically means I'm land locked. I wanted to do a nice long month long road trip but at this time it seems impossible to do.

I didn’t have his name exactly right, it was travelerhart. I haven’t seen anything from him in a couple of years.

I am really itching to drive over to Damien's now. I have that 56 tooth sprocket I can throw on and take the hill with ease. It would be a 140 mile round trip. Maybe I will use that Ibex B.O.B. and bring a tent and ice chest... oooh dang... I wonder how that will will go with that weight. Maybe I need to get one of them Phantoms you guys all love first.

I'm going on my 6th tank and wanting to do the same. The furthest I've been is 15miles round trip.

Same. And I always have a backpack full of tools and spare parts. I've done about 300 miles so far on my bike in relatively small trips (15~ish miles being the longest).

IF I do this trip I'm going to have every spare part I have with me, just in case. The only thing I'm worried about is the vibrations. After about 15 minutes my hands feel like I've been weed whacking all day. You all know what I'm talking about. I've had the random occasion where my left hand has gone almost completely numb from the vibrations. Maybe I just have to stop every 10 miles or so.

The only thing I'm worried about is the vibrations. After about 15 minutes my hands feel like I've been weed whacking all day. You all know what I'm talking about.
Actually I don't, but I have heard many people talk about vibrations like that...I don't get them on mine at all, no matter how fast that I have brought it up to...Probably has a lot to do with how I have the motor mounted with my own homemade motor mount, plus both my motors I have had on this bike, The Zeda 80 and now the Phantom 85 have better balanced cranks than most of the CG kits out there.

Back