Thinking of building a four stroke this summer.

Had to dig through my photos to find this, but I started this, then stopped because the engine didn't fit well. I might try resurrecting the bike and putting it together.
IMG_20221003_163341057.jpg

I drug it out and slapped my 3hp Briggs engine on, a rear wheel, temporary front forks, some handlebars, a rear wheel, a fender, and a seat just to see what it might look like l. I think I will put a 24 inch wheel and knee springer forks in it to drop the front end a bit and make it look more board tracker like. I also need to weld in a support and finish welding the mount plate. I also will move the engine way further forward.
IMG_20230320_220118313.jpg

I drug it out and slapped my 3hp Briggs engine on, a rear wheel, temporary front forks, some handlebars, a rear wheel, a fender, and a seat just to see what it might look like l. I think I will put a 24 inch wheel and knee springer forks in it to drop the front end a bit and make it look more board tracker like. I also need to weld in a support and finish welding the mount plate. I also will move the engine way further forward.View attachment 189543
Yeah you will need to tilt your engine forward to the front of the bike, then shorten that engine plate. Then when you install seat down tube, your engine plate can rest on seat post. That way it will tilt your engine up & away from your bottom bracket.

Back