Thinking of modding my 79cc

Nah i wish. I work in lawn care so i travel around neighborhoods a lot and see lots of garage sales. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled and try to scoop up a decent older bike this summer and put a predator on it this fall.

I would invest in a gx120 or maybe gx160 thats what I wanted to use. About the same size of a 79cc pred. They’re a little over $300 but it’s a Honda. That’s what I should have started with. The motor jerboa’s using is about $170 on homedepot the gx120 clone.

We use Honda's on all our pumps at work and on all of our spray trucks. They go forever and ever use 1/2 gallon of fuel in an eight hour workday. They used to use Briggs that were half the price but they didn't last half as long so they actually ended up being more expensive.

The 79 can be pretty sluggish with 3600 rpm and the weight but there is a cnc jackshaft transmission that could bolt onto many other motors besides the hf pred. Most people go for 2 stroke. Imagine a Subaru ohc motor on a motorized bike. They don’t make them anymore but I’m sure they’re out there. I would like to see some variety in what people build idk about you.

I have a couple old clutches but I think the bushings are worn out. I may try the max torque one- made in us right? I would think 3/4 isn’t necessary for the little 79 with the few hp it makes. Bought a new half link for the chain that goes to the jackshaft. Note to people that get the cnc transmission, take the set screws out and loctite them or they WILL come out.

I have a couple old clutches but I think the bushings are worn out. I may try the max torque one- made in us right? I would think 3/4 isn’t necessary for the little 79 with the few hp it makes. Bought a new half link for the chain that goes to the jackshaft. Note to people that get the cnc transmission, take the set screws out and loctite them or they WILL come out.
i beleve they are made in the usa, (beware of clones)
but they engage great! my buddie just worn his out (because he was towing a 600lb boat with his mini bike :ROFLMAO:)
there rebuild-able as well!

Back