Thinking of modding my 79cc

they are taller than the 79cc and it’s side play. < >
hmm,
my 196 has side play as well, i adjusted them and it runs well.
try adjusting them .005. and tighten the s**t out of them.
i would check cam timing, did you put on the lash caps?

You should be adjusting the rocker preload on the base of the cam lobe with zero pressure on the springs. Not sure what style the 79cc has, plain old nuts or if it has a center locknut, but make sure it is firm once you have proper preload dialed in.

I’m messing with it right now no compression. I put the stock springs back in. It either has no compression or it does but the rockers wiggle after I pull the cord it has the locknut

I’m ready to throw this thing outside. It was working better with the stock 212 springs. The hemi 212 has such a better rocker design.

Know what I’m just gonna call it good since I can feel pressure coming out the spark plug hole. Don’t care if the rockers make a little noise. Gonna fill with oil

Know what I’m just gonna call it good since I can feel pressure coming out the spark plug hole. Don’t care if the rockers make a little noise. Gonna fill with oil
Don't run it with loose rockers, you will beat the valvestems to crap and possibly send metal through the engine.

Valvetrain isn't something you can get away with just "close enough".

Bought the thing 3 years ago don’t really care IF it got messed up. $99 10 min away. Never the less if I tighten the adjustment nuts any more it just pushes on the valve and messes it up- no compression. If I do it like you said the rocker still wobbles and there is more space in between out of nowhere after I cycle the engine. Like I said the rocker design is bad compared to the hemi 212. There is a solid pivot pin instead of a rounded bottom nut on a piece of stamped steel.

Back