Thinking of upgrading HS 4 transmission

Saw the bikeberry dual chain trans promo vid. Curious to hear anyone else's experience with this transmission. The factory equipped HS 4 single chain I got now has nice top speed, but really sucks on takeoff. Willing to sacrifice some speed, if I can get some semblance of reliability.

bakaneko

That one does not fit if you have the hoot transmission. You can double check with bikeberry but I am certain. Your other option is the 4G

That one does not fit if you have the hoot transmission. You can double check with bikeberry but I am certain. Your other option is the 4G
The BB promo vid sez it DOES FIT:

Comparison Review

Yeah, same number of mounting holes, spacing etc. Anyway, what I got now, I mean there's just no friggin torque at all. Almost seems the bike is rolling backward when I attempt to climb hills.

bakaneko

The BB promo vid sez it DOES FIT:

Comparison Review

Yeah, same number of mounting holes, spacing etc. Anyway, what I got now, I mean there's just no friggin torque at all. Almost seems the bike is rolling backward when I attempt to climb hills.
buy it and see. i would be curious. you know you can always try a 50T+ rear sprocket. cheaper too

Even though the BikeBerry trans. has served me well but. After I finish my Sportsman Flyer 80, my Huffy is getting a 4G.
One thing about the BBR trans. is it gets pretty warm after a twenty mile ride.
I am expecting the 4G to run cooler and quieter. Wish someone would develop a belt final drive. That would have many advantages.
Tom from Rubicon

KCvale

Motorized Bicycle Vendor
Wish someone would develop a belt final drive.
That would have many advantages.
Well, you can size a chain, you can't size a belt and I did so much cutting I bought the right tools for breaking chain and cutting cables.

The 4G comes in flavors, 20T to an 80t 4:1 reduction for more speed direct drive, for my shifters I use 20T to a 100T freewheel for 5:1 reduction and gearing does the rest.

I

Last edited:
Well, you can size a chain, you can't size a belt and I did so much cutting I bought the right tools for breaking chain and cutting cables.

The 4G comes in flavors, 20T to an 80t 4:1 reduction for more speed direct drive, for my shifters I use 20T to a 100T freewheel for 5:1 reduction and gearing does the rest.

I
Just where do you get these kinds of transmission shifters ??

_

I am acquiring chain breakers too, and one I am going to reproduce from 4140 prehard.
But.
4G's come in flavors? KC, A link would be nice if it helps us pilgrims make better choices.
Thanks,
Tom from Rubicon

CrazyDan

You are right KC. But an internal idle tensioner could be integrated. Myself, I am going Grubee.
It is the old KISS
Only one that might be better than the grubee would be the e-z-matic, but then I'm not sure if it's worth buying 2 grubees, keeping one as backup. I docked over 12k miles on a used 4g-1c, now I've gotten around 5k on the 1b I bought, but still using the 1c big pulley and freewheeling 12 tooth output sprocket.