Thinking of upgrading HS 4 transmission

Even though the BikeBerry trans. has served me well but. After I finish my Sportsman Flyer 80, my Huffy is getting a 4G.
One thing about the BBR trans. is it gets pretty warm after a twenty mile ride.
I am expecting the 4G to run cooler and quieter. Wish someone would develop a belt final drive. That would have many advantages.
Tom from Rubicon

Wish someone would develop a belt final drive.
That would have many advantages.
Well, you can size a chain, you can't size a belt and I did so much cutting I bought the right tools for breaking chain and cutting cables.

The 4G comes in flavors, 20T to an 80t 4:1 reduction for more speed direct drive, for my shifters I use 20T to a 100T freewheel for 5:1 reduction and gearing does the rest.

I

Last edited:
Well, you can size a chain, you can't size a belt and I did so much cutting I bought the right tools for breaking chain and cutting cables.

The 4G comes in flavors, 20T to an 80t 4:1 reduction for more speed direct drive, for my shifters I use 20T to a 100T freewheel for 5:1 reduction and gearing does the rest.

I

Just where do you get these kinds of transmission shifters ??

_

I am acquiring chain breakers too, and one I am going to reproduce from 4140 prehard.
But.
4G's come in flavors? KC, A link would be nice if it helps us pilgrims make better choices.
Thanks,
Tom from Rubicon

Better still, the bikeberry trans has more gear teeth..and consequently..more torque.
BikeBerry 5G chain is garbage.

4-stroke-transmission_1.jpg

The chains wear and there is no way to adjust them.

You didn't mention your latest, greatest NuVinci builds KC, and it is a valid option. Not cheap. but well engineered.

BikeBerry 5G chain is garbage.

4-stroke-transmission_1.jpg

The chains wear and there is no way to adjust them.
You are right KC. But an internal idle tensioner could be integrated. Myself, I am going Grubee.
It is the old KISS

You are right KC. But an internal idle tensioner could be integrated. Myself, I am going Grubee.
It is the old KISS
Only one that might be better than the grubee would be the e-z-matic, but then I'm not sure if it's worth buying 2 grubees, keeping one as backup. I docked over 12k miles on a used 4g-1c, now I've gotten around 5k on the 1b I bought, but still using the 1c big pulley and freewheeling 12 tooth output sprocket.

Back