thinning a rubber rag sprocket ring

imdoo'n

Local time
12:07 PM
is there an easy way to cut down a thick rubber rag ring, as the one i have is to thick and pushes sprocket out into the rear arm stay. both rubber rag rings are the same thickness! grind it down, cut it, make a new one ?

You're best off to measure your hub and buy a hub adapter or use a disc brake hub and attach your sprocket that way. I got mine from gasbike.net I hated to order from them because of their reputation but they were the only ones I could find that had the size I needed. They shipped my item in a couple of days by USPS and i didnt even have to pay duty or nothing.

I kept some old OHV tires for getting different thicknesses of rings...

No wires in those cores,,, and its easy to cut the rings with a sharp belt knife with thick work gloves,,, a chunk of plywood on the work bench,,, store or homemade belt punch...
yes good idea, i bet i know a guy with a honda

Well, I would probably risk trying to make some spoke-aligned grooves with a hacksaw. 🤔
(I never actually used the rag joint approach)

i will take a better look and see if that can be done, asi may also need to cut the hole for the hub also, not sure of my box cuter skills.

Try to find some used conveyor belts they come in different thickness... https://prnt.sc/sq2xq0
Then use a hole saw to cut your rag joint size.
will take a look see what i can find,(y)
You're best off to measure your hub and buy a hub adapter or use a disc brake hub and attach your sprocket that way. I got mine from gasbike.net I hated to order from them because of their reputation but they were the only ones I could find that had the size I needed. They shipped my item in a couple of days by USPS and i didnt even have to pay duty or nothing.

i'm thinking i should be able to find a worn ou quad tire or an old bias ply auto tire, may have one behind shop?

yes i saw those on a site's page, likely try a cutting tire first though, get the moto bike running asap.

Back