third build

wan37

Local time
10:46 AM
I got a nice mountain bike.I just want some opinions on what 2 stroke kit to buy. I know I want black engine and do want it to be around 50 cc or less and I do want a cen clutch which I can get in already on it or I can put one on myself .I want some one that knows these kits well to tell me which one.Thanks

it depends on how much $$ you want to spend.
you can buy a more expensive kit from an engine kit/bike vendor or a generic e-bay kit.
the prices are drastically different.
in my opinion all of these engines are the same and it's the luck of the draw if you get a good one or a bad one.
I have bought 4 e-bay vendor engines and all 4 of them have performed excellent with no problems.
one thing to remember is that you will give up customer service by going with a cheaper e-bay vendor engine. But if you're mechanical and you don;t care about customer service because you can fix the stuff yourself (like me) then customer service won;t be an issue.
another thing to remember is that ALL 2 stroke bicycle engine kits need to be tweaked to get them to work how they should.
this includes carb tuning, replacing the supplied nuts, bolts and washers with higher quality ones, using blue loc tite on everything, replacing the stock spark plug and wire, getting or making a better chain tensioner, soldering the ignition wires together and heat shrinking them. there may also be other things that will need to be made or modified to get the best results.
and then you can get into expansion chambers, race carbs, high flow air filters, milling the head for more compression....lol.
a big part of having one of these kits work correctly and last a long time is correct assembly, good wiring and lots of maintanace / tinkering.

Last edited:
Okay motor well I thought about $240 with shipping included.I think I should buy a simple kit and then install the cen clutch.I like the bigger mount thing from bgf already built in so no extra mounting brackets .I also like the engine kit from ducaticvcc with the cen clutch already install.Just like you or some one to tell me which one,because I can't decide. Thanks

well, i can't tell you which one to buy because they are all pretty much the same engine no matter who sells it.
you'll just have to make a decision and buy one and hope for the best.
when buying any engine from any vendor, it's a **** shoot.
i'm just telling you that my experience buying the cheaper engine kits off e-bay has worked out great for me.
It may not have worked out so well for others tho.

I'm just going to bid on one of the kits off ebay like boygofast or ducaticvcc.thanks again motor.

It's a red flag for me when an Ebay seller finds it necessary to change their name. Ducaticvcc is now speeddemondotca. I bought from him once and left a positive but honest rating, the part was very low quality. I never received feedback from him.

I noticed that today before you said something I agree with you totally....Thanks Toojung2die for comment,plus the rating is not that great either

Back