Third times a charm...Seriously guys i need assistance or this motor is going to find its way over the edge at the Grand Canyon.

Local time
9:28 PM
Actually its my only mode of transportation so i csnt even throw it off the Grand Canyon.. . Anyways heres my issue so this is going on week 5 or 6 that i havnt had my B$!@# runnin and this is with a ridiculous amount of time over that period . Ive replaced and or fixed anything messed up that would keep it from starting and running..So ill start from the beggining so i purchased a high compression head from amazon 7 or so weeks ago its one of those circular ones with a smaller plug then the original actually heres a pic. So i replace the stock slanthead with this and 2 new head gaskets ...i usually run 2 i found it seems to seal better well anyways it started just fine after the modification now in the process of tightening down the head i stripped 3 out of 4 holes in the crankcase of my motor but i did the whole tap and heli-coil fix and it workes fine to begin with ...so im riding it home from a dr appointment roughly 2 miles from my house and my motor pops loud and slowly but surely dies ..So at this point im thinking i blew a head gasket and or one of ny heli-coil fixes failed cause me to lose the seal and compression. So i take her apart again and in this process ibgot some debris and pieces of a helicoil and metal shavings inside the cranckcase .. I could have cleaned it out but i didn't trust that every little bit would be removed. So i have this bottom end from my old motor that i destroyed the cylinder, head and piston on aswell as used the magneto from when i fried mine at the carwash and this crankcase only had 1 stripped bolt vs the 3 stripped bolts on the one i was currently using ..So i went through the process of swapping bottom ends put it all back together with all new gaskets for the head the base the exhaust and the intake when swapping motors i swapped clutchbpads and magneto and magnet .i put eveything back together tried to start .....Nothing ...I check spark and fuel seemed to be recieving both clutch was engaging just fine ..Well at that point somone informed me there was a right and wrong way to install the magnet if your not paying attention. So i checked and of course it was installed backwards. So i fixed that. Now at this point im totally expecting it to start right up.. But no it pop once like it wants to or is trying to start then nothing so. I look through all my gaskets and my base gasket failed so inwent and bought some fel-pro 3157 i believe is the number anyways its rubber fiber gasket sheet 1/32 thick made for heat and oil and gasoline applications. So i made my own new base gasket and try it again and again the same bulls**t it pops like it tries to come to life and then nothing again
.. Its was the same pop i heard when the headgasket gave way at the start of this headache. So again i tear her down now this time my stripped bolt had became lose from the repetitive abuse of combustion.aswell as stripped out two more bolts now i went ahead and heli-coiled aswell as put a permanent pin in the crankcase bolt into the crankcase. So that stripping issue will no longer ever be an issue for me again. Well anyways I got everything tightened down to specs now. Went to start it again and it poped one little pop again and then nothing....So at this point im about to put it in the middle of my driveway and rent a car for the soul reason of repeatedly running this thing over until its as close to dust as i can get it. So i thought well last thing incan think of is the new head itself is fkn s**t up ..so i swapped it for the stock slanthead installed it and again nothing......wth guys i need some ideas guys im outta guesses ive replaced every gasket atleast twice swapped heads , checked magnet and fixed orientation . I have good spark and i have gas. What else guys ....or better yet who has the line on some C4

Attachments

• 15672682321191552283524872652864.jpg
    15672682321191552283524872652864.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 181
No change with or without filter i mean i think its wet but its hard to tell... Maybe i shouldnunhook and plug boost bottle and see if theres any change.

How is your compression? If its not starting, it sounds like a gasket is fully blown.

Any damage on any gasketed surfaces?

Sounds frustrating!

Yeah i just replaced those damn things at 4 bucks apiece its slowly but surely gonna nickel and dime me to death .....the 4 $ isnt really the problem thwm problem is i have to go to other side of the country to get it ...there is only one place here in phoenix that sells parts for theese things and ita 12 or so miles no car and its 113 degrees outside today ... Any home fixes?

Yeah i just replaced those damn things at 4 bucks apiece its slowly but surely gonna nickel and dime me to death .....the 4 $ isnt really the problem thwm problem is i have to go to other side of the country to get it ...there is only one place here in phoenix that sells parts for theese things and ita 12 or so miles no car and its 113 degrees outside today ... Any home fixes?

I’ve never done it, but you can cut gaskets from aluminum. They also sell that gasket spray which may let you reuse one which isn’t perfect.

You have Amazon prime? I get most parts next day.

Yea magneto is good ...o choke it everytime ....im trying one gasket next its all set up just gotta gobtextbit and aee what happens

Yeah i was buying my stuff through amazon Prime then we got in a slight disagreement in which they ended up banning me for life lmao

Back