Third Time's The Charm...I Hope.

LabRat63

Local time
3:13 PM
Hi. I'm new here, but not new to forums. I'm a two time loser in small motor vehicles. A bike motor from kingsmotorbikes.com which I never did find a bike it would fit on and one of those things that looks like an oversized skateboard--It worked but did not last long.

I think I've learned my lesson about getting the cheapest POS I can find.Tax return is going on a good bike motor kit. Right now I'm looking at Golden Eagle unless someone points me to something better in the $600 price range. I was planning to get the 4-stroke model because they have local service centers, but GEBEs FAQs tell me a 2-stroke is better suited to commuting. But the nearest service center is 50 miles away. Advice would be welcome.

G'day man and welcome to MBc.
Advice eah....don't eat yellow snow. :p
Just kiddin.....READ as much as possible here and ask questions in the appropriate section.Members are pretty friendly and would be happy to help. :)

you'll find some very informative and detailed posts about the golden eagle system, along with other options, in the "rack-mount" section of "the garage"...

personally: altho i thoroughly enjoy the aesthetic & theraputic value of the happy-time setups, i've since come to appreciate the rack-mount's...i have a gebe/tanaka32 & a dax/titan50. 2- or 4-stroke? well, i see benefits in both, and am in the early stages of learning to optimize their respective strengths. running a rack-mount is motoredbiking at a level i didn't really give much thought to, but once you experience it, it just feels so right :D

and btw-if you think you can figure out how to pour a 2.6oz bottle of semi-synth into a 1gal gascan, then you pretty much know eveything you need to about "servicing" a tanaka pure-fire ;)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

you'll find some very informative and detailed posts about the golden eagle system, along with other options, in the "rack-mount" section of "the garage"...

personally: altho i thoroughly enjoy the aesthetic & theraputic value of the happy-time setups, i've since come to appreciate the rack-mount's...i have a gebe/tanaka32 & a dax/titan50. 2- or 4-stroke? well, i see benefits in both, and am in the early stages of learning to optimize their respective strengths. running a rack-mount is motoredbiking at a level i didn't really give much thought to, but once you experience it, it just feels so right :D

and btw-if you think you can figure out how to pour a 2.6oz bottle of semi-synth into a 1gal gascan, then you pretty much know eveything you need to about "servicing" a tanaka pure-fire ;)

welcome to the MBc :cool:
WOW augi . You too huh!
I' really like the racks also , as I'm sure your well aware.lol I just dont know why. Seriously , I much prefer them but for the life of me , can't explain why?

Hagg

UMM Labrat, What was with the King motor? It' just doesn"T fight any bikes ?? While its nice to find the perferct size frame that the engines require, so is it easy to make an adabtrt.
If you still have it let me know , I can probably point you i the right direction to actually uising

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to MBc. I know very little about the rack mounts, but plan to try it some day. A lot of good reading on them here.

Welcome labrat; I have the tanaka 40, 2-stroke rack mount. You can run these at wot for miles and miles, 4 strokes need a break from extended wot. Either is good but I prefer my stroker to my thumper. Welcome by the way!

Back