This Carb

Whitewill1412

Local time
12:08 AM
I've seen this carburetor suggested around here. Does it affect performance on a stock 66cc or is it just better quality than the stock carburetor? Are there jets available for this one?

JRL 49cc 60cc 66cc 80cc Carburetor 2 Stroke Engine Motorized Bicycle Bike Carb … (silver) https://a.co/d/1YVLYvO

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Does it affect performance on a stock 66cc or is it just better quality than the stock carburetor?
Its my carburetor of choice...lol...It has a nice emulsion tube for the jet as well...Smooth throttle response through all throttle positions as well.

Much nicer carb the the stock NT carby....I have not had to rejet this one at all, even at my 4500 foot altitude, I just adjust the needle valve accordingly is all.

I have another question. My throttle has a whole lot of play before the cable is actually pulled. Is there a way to fix this and have better throttle response?

I have another question. My throttle has a whole lot of play before the cable is actually pulled. Is there a way to fix this and have better throttle response?
There are two adjustment to tighten up on...One is at the throttle cable gooseneck on the handle bar throttle grip...Just let it out by unscrewing it from the neck until you can feel that the grip is getting within your comfort zone of free play or adjust it my way, there IS no freeplay...lol.

If that is not enough, go to where the cable goes into the top of the carby and loosen that one outward as well...And do not forget to tighten those 10mm nuts down onto the base of the gooseneck and the same with the one on top of the carby to lock it all into place so it doesn't go out of adjustment on you.

To add to everything Damien said already... There should be a teeny bit of free play in the throttle for safety sake (2 to 3mm-ish) with the bars turned. Turn them as far to the left and check the play in the throttle, then right and check. Sometimes, the cable or housing will get pushed/pulled when the bars turn and it can take up the free play and the last thing you want is to suddenly throttle up while mid turn when you were not expecting to do so. Most of these bike kits come with too long throttle cables so this doesn't tend to be an issue, but it is worth checking anyway.

Back