**** this ****ing dumb ****ing motored ****ing bike ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** this ****ing dumb

I agree with Stan4d...get an extra chain and a heavy duty chain breaker, carry a few links and the breaker with you on your rides and you can fix the chain without a master link. There is a whole thread on here for Newbies, perhaps you should read it, a better sparkplug might help as well. Sick Bike Parts has them and they are very helpful if you ask for information. No one here is going to be able to diagnose your lack of throttle response. I'd guess either you have the needle in the wrong setting or the cable is not pulling the throttle open, or you have an air leak at the intake. There are many things that can and will go wrong on these things. Going at it with a "Giterdone" attitude won't work. Good luck! Woody

I think he should just give up and find a different hobby. If he can't get a master link in the chain, and he can't figure out why he has no throttle response he is already in over his head. These 2 things (for some) are more than likely simple fixes, but it seems like he's struggling trying to figure out how to fix it.
i can envision the chain in my head, where he is trying to put the master link. I'm seeing that the ends of the chain have extra 1/2 links still on them...making the chain too thick for the master link pins to slide all the way through. you have to have 2 female ends (the inner links) for the master link to fit. the master link is an outer link and i see him having 2 male ends (outer links) without the pins, and that would make the master link pins too short to go through the chain links. or,if he is trying to put the master link on the chain while the chain is being pulled tight on the sprockets...it will never go in. loosen the chain, remove it from at least one sprocket, and then put the master link in.
as for the throttle...i am betting, that he does not have the pin in the carb body lined up with the slide. this will cause the slide to bind up and not work at all....no throttle response. if the engine runs, he is clearly getting fuel, so the only thing that would keep it from revving up is that the slide is not moving. either due to misalignment of the slide, OR a broken throttle cable.
it can't be that difficult to figure out....why has it come to that point tho?
the fact that he lost his clutch bar tells me that he did not go through all of the nuts & bolts on this engine and make sure they were tight and/or apply loc-tite.
maybe it's just me and maybe some people just don't understand mechanics like a lot of other people do. it isn't THAT difficult.

Last edited:
Heh, kind of rude...

I didn't really know what to say besides 'yeah ok ill just hard pin my chain because mysteriously even to my dealer, the chain once again wont take a master link'. I thought the sarcasm might be lost in text.

But thanks for your encouraging words. Really.

i can envision the chain in my head, where he is trying to put the master link. I'm seeing that the ends of the chain have extra 1/2 links still on them...making the chain too thick for the master link pins to slide all the way through

I can imagine someone who thinks they're better than everyone else, by thinking of absolutely retardedly absurd reasons why they're all idiots. I already said i'd had a master link fitted before, it's literally an issue of a few millimeters, i'd even said I'd checked for grime and dirt etc.. I'm all ears, sincerely.

But don't worry, the best way to react to someone who's clearly frustrated is definitely by patronizing their intelligence.

Just because I don't know *everything* about engines, doesn't mean I am incapable of intelligence. I probably know many things you don't, and vice versa.

Hajuu.

Hajuu, for the most part this group will never get on you because you don't know something (yet)...let the mindless criticism go...BUT, if you wanna open the door and mention rudeness, then i'll tell you that this subject line is rude, and technically utterly useless as pertains to searchability...your ignoring seasoned members GOOD (and initially well-intentioned) advice about forum-usage & repair-attitude is rude, too...just calling it like it is...so maybe you're not getting everything this forum has to offer because you're not thinking this thing thru.

pick a single topic and keep it alive, preferably the other one let this "nasty" one fade away...be patient and polite, take it step by step, there's no secret to this, just certain procedure that we've all grown used to as workable.

no, i was not being sarcastic...i was being serious.
I have a spare master link right here in my hand, and the posts on it measure 12 mm.
measuring from the inside flat of the link that the posts are riveted into, the the end past where the clip goes on.
I am trying to help you, and it honestly sounds like you are overlooking something simple.
i'm not trying to say that i think i'm better than you...not by any means.
I am just trying to get the point across that these things take a ton of tinkering to get them to work right, and if you have little to no mechanical/fabrication skills, no idea how things are supposed to go together, and how to make things work when they won't, then this hobby is not for you.

Yep, I agree with everything said above.
No one is intentionally having a go at you, and we are trying to help.
It's impossible to remotely see what you're seeing. We try to picture it in our minds, but aren't always right.
If you have a camera, take a couple of pics of the chain problem from a couple of angles and post them (in the other thread). As the old cliché goes - a picture is worth a thousand words.

... Steve

Last edited:
Hajuu get a BMP style friction kit and spend your time riding instead of fixing, with a HS motor slapped on it youll have a trouble free setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back